cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wep Page Composer migration from 7.0 to 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have upgraded our portal from 7.0 to 7.4. we had wep page composer (WPC) in 7.0 portal.After upgrade all the WPC site content are migrated to upgrade portal . I can see all the old wpc site content appearing as PCD page in staging area of wpc 7.4.

We have par iviews in old wpc . I have converted par portal components to war file and recreated new iview.

Now when I remove the old iview and add new iviews to new wpc PCD page  the changes are not reflecting. But When I preview the new wpc pcd page I can see the new iview added.

But when you login as end user I cannot see the wpg pcd page change change with new ivews.

Can anyone suggest what could be the issue?

Thanks,

Karthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi,

After changing the components, did you re-publish the pages?

Do you see a newer version created after your changes?

Best Regards,

Rohit Singhal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

These is the step I followed to change the component.

From Accessible Area Management role I have added the new iview to wpc page. ButI don't see publish option from Accessible Area Management role.

In our project this WPC page is added under portal role. so I found that we need to connect the area or page to portal role by giving the page id to portal role connection target property. But when I try to add the page id to role connection target property there is no change as well.

I believe I am missing something here. Can you please give the steps I should follow after upgrade for wpc to work.

Thanks,

Karthi

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Karthi,

You need to assign role: Area Management to your id.

After this you will be able to edit the content within the page.

Once you make some changes, save them.

Post this, click on Publish.

Once published, the changes should be visible to the end user.

Do let me know in case you need further details.

Best Regards,

Rohit Singhal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot rohit. Publishing wpc page resolved the issue.

I have couple of questions. Can you clarify those?

In sdn I have read that the migrated wpc page's entry point will be moved up to folder or area. May be because of that I have an entry point issue.

I am not able to change wpc navigation structure's entry point.

In my portal role I can see only wpc navigation structure and its property is not editable. I want the wpc page(here its homepage) should the entry point instead area (STW). As shown below I want Homepage as my entry point instead STW is it possible?

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi,

You should be able to link the page directly in your role through connections.

My solution would be to link the homepage as a connection in your role and make that as your entry point.

Do let me know in case you have any other queries...

Best Regards,

Rohit Singhal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit . Yes changing connection from area id (in my case STW) to page id (Homepage) solved the issue .

Earlier the connection was point to area ID which is STW in my case. I changed it to page id of my wpc page (Homepage).

Thanks,

Karthi

Answers (0)