Did you mean: 

Streaming server Installation

santhosini_K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am running Hana Database with SP11.

I have installed Streaming server in the same host. What are the steps to be followed after installation of streaming server ?

After a plain installation and restarting  HDB I found no nodes running for the streaming server

I am able to see the administration cockpit as below

Is there any additional activity to be performed? How do I add a streaming node?

Thanks in advance

Santhosini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RobertWaywell
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It looks like you haven't added an SDS host yet. You can add the host using either hdblcm or hdblcmgui. Instructions are covered in this section of the documentation:

Add a Smart Data Streaming Host Using hdblcm - SAP HANA Smart Data Streaming: Installation and Updat...

If you are trying to add the SDS process to a single node HANA system, then instructions are available in this section of the documentation:

Installing the Streaming Host on the SAP HANA Master Host Fails - SAP HANA Smart Data Streaming: Ins...

Note that a single node configuration with the core HANA services and SDS running on a single node is only supported in a non-productive or test environment. Also note that once a local role is added, there is currently no way to remove the local role other than by uninstalling the full system.

santhosini_K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks Rob!

I shall follow the instructions and add a streaming host .

After which shall post the updates & queries

- Santhosini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

santhosini_K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob!

Since my environment is a test setup , I have gone for the single node configuration with master HANA host.

Sreaming server now added to my Hana instance!