cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

My sap system is only one instance. In the configure of SAP Logon, only IP, sid, instantce number is needed as follows:

My question is:

1) When I logon system using this configure, sapgui also communicate with message server first?  sapgui also use port 3600 of sap server?

2) If  I want to use messager-server configure in sap logon, what I should do?

Thanks

Best Regards

Shuai.zhongwei

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mervin_joseph
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shuai,

Yes, The application servers communicate with the presentation components, the database, and also with each other, using the message server.

Please find the below link for your reference which will help you to get more details

Application Servers - BC - ABAP Programming - SAP Library

2) If  I want to use messager-server configure in sap logon, what I should do?

please follow the below link which will help to understand and configure logon load balancing group

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c4/3a644c505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

In short:

Activities at SAP application

-Create a logon group - Tcode SMLG

-Enter the instance name and save

Activities at OS level

- Ensure that services file(C:\windows\system32\etc\drivers\services) hold this entry for SAP server e.g DEV

sapmsDEV 3601/tcp    ## Here instance number for SAP system is 01

-Never forget to hit enter after this entry.

Activities at SAP GUI

- Select connection type "Group/Server selection"

- Maintain all required details SID, Message server IP/Hostname

I hope this helps you

Br,

Best Friend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Thank you very much. It is helpful to me.

In "Activities at SAP GUI",  message server IP:port

Best Regards

Shuai.zhongwei

mervin_joseph
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shuai,

You Should maintain message server port number in "service file" against the service name "sapmsSID" at OS level which is mandatory.There is no need of maintaining any port at SAP GUI level for this configuration.

At SAP GUI level

You can maintain either  HOSTNAME or IP of the message server in the message server input field.

And you can call me, Mervin

Best Regards,

Mervin Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mervin,

I meet other situation:

Our system have 1 CI with MS, and many dialog instance.

Normally, we logon to system using MS. but I can also logon to single dialog instance with the IP/instance-number/sid only. So this process did not use MS, but WHY it can also be connected? Did it connect 3200 dispatcher directly?

Best Regards

Shuai.zhongwei

mervin_joseph
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shuai,

Yes, Its a normal behavior of SAP system.Its possible to connect any additional application server directly using there IP/hostname,SID, Instance number.

For more clarity and detail about the message server function and Communication connection of SAP system.Please go through the below link which will help you to understand even more better

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/6d/2a41373c1ede6fe10000009b38f936/content.htm

I hope this helps you

Best Regards,

Mervin Joseph

Answers (0)