SAP for Telecommunications Discussions
Network with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving communications landscape. Join in discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Provider Contract Lock to external system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We are in the design phase of a CRM Telecommunications Project.

I am researching the Lock/Unlock process for Provider Contracts. We need to send the locks to an external system and we need to receive a notification from this external system confirming the technical lock.

As for the documentation and tests we have done the lock in the Provider Contract is Activated just after is sent to external system (program CRM_IST_LOCK_LIST_PROCESSING), it doesn´t wait for confirmation.

Documentation: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm700_ehp03/helpdata/en/19/b5a35179018f4fe10000000a44538d/content.htm

Does anyone know or have modified the lock/unlock change process to expect confirmation from external system?

Thanks and regards

Rodrigo

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't implemented lock/unlock functionality but maybe I can give you some explanations and suggestions.

Provisioning systems are developed in a way to be possible to perform mass operations - that is the reason why program doesn't wait for response from external system. In scenario where program waits for response from external system first error would stop processing of all other provisioning commands.

Better solution is to have resident program which will asynchronously update status of provider contract based on response from external system.

Br,

Mario

0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

Thank you for replying.

I didn´t mention it but I was thinking in an asynchronous confirmation. The problem is that the system sets the status Active for the lock just after it is sent to an external system. So you have an active lock without knowing if it is active.

I think we should have a Pending status and when the asynchronous confirmation arrives then the status wil become Active.

We would need to modify standar code for this solution. And I was trying to aboid that.

If you have another idea it would be very helpfull.

Regards

0 Kudos

I see,

I'm not CRM expert so I cannot tell you if there is a better solution...

What I can tell, there is solution for changing standard code - use enhancements of standard program, your source will not be overwritten once when update of program occurs.

Br,

Mario