cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

destination not working from neo-app.json after deploying from eclipse to HCP

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I followed this article which is precisely what I need to achieve . Only difference is the webservice I have to use is an Odata webservice. Previously I had successfully deployed the fiori app to HCP (but not through GIT but as JAVA application which made use of the destination for odata url and it worked fine).

I followed the steps as given in the document to create neo-app.json and map it to the destination created in HCP cockpit . But I am getting 404 error for the odata url. Please find the screenshots below.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amber,

I would try to add the Parameters as Described in:

to your destination.

Best regards

Gregor

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I am not usnig WebIDE at all so still do I need to add these parameters? . Because when I used to deploy my app earlier without using GIT and as Java application , the same destination used to work.

If i need to still add these parameters , then what will I give for the following 2 parameters. In the document they are using public odata webservice northwind so they have given that in the parameter but in my case , my odata webservice is from the ECC system created by me. Hence I  am not sure if I need to give the following parameters since I am not using WebIde. Kindly suggest on this.

WebIDESystem

WebIDEUsage

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

let's first clarify how your ECC System can be reached. Can you reach the Service from the Internet? Or has the Cloud Connector be used?

To check the connectivity I think you should give WebIDE a try.

Best regards

Gregor

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes , from internet  , the webservice is working fine (On the browser if we execute the url , it gives the data in xml). I have not used any cloud connector. WIthout cloud connector ,when I had deployed as Java application earlier to HCP , it worked fine too. I did not  used WebIde that time too.

So ECC webservice is working fine on internet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you post the path you use to access the service via the browser?

amber_garg
Active Participant
Former Member
0 Kudos

There is neither an index.html nor a neo-app.json file in the root of your repository:

https://amberpo-p1002830trial.dispatcher.hanatrial.ondemand.com/neo-app.json

amber_garg
Active Participant
Former Member
0 Kudos

The neo-ap.json file has to be located in the root of the repository. See also SAP HANA Cloud Platform

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply. Is it possible to move the neo-app.json to root folder. Since in eclipse I can see the project ZErp_App . If i copy neo file here , it will not be exactly under root of repository but under /ZErp_App/neo-app.json

In the Git repository of eclipse , I couldnt see any option of creating a file outside the Working Directory so kindly let me know how to create it in root from eclipse.

Also I guess even index.html needs to be created in root in the same way as you suggested.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wouldn't use a java web project for those kind of projects. You can just use a "General Project". When you start with a git repository which is attached to your html5 app, you can just right-click on the repository, press import and then chose "import as general project". There you put the neo-app.json into the root folder.

The index.html file can be located in a different location then root, but then you have to configure the path accordingly (see SAP HANA Cloud Platform). Default is index.html in root.

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks a lot , that worked. I imported the project as a general project and then moved my neo-json to the root. That did it for me .

Just one last follow-up question . In eclipse I always create a new SAP SAPUI5 Application Project , but it gets created as a JAVA project (with JAVA resources). However when I imported from GIT as a general project as you suggested , it got imported as a non java project which allows me to put the neo file in root. Isnt the former method , supposed to be standard way while using eclipse since we are selecting SAPUI5 Appl Proj to create.

Thanks again.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

the SAPUI5 Project was introduced before the HTML5 runtime on HCP was available. And it is still useful in case you  want to develop your own Java Servlet to serve the sapui5 resources. But to run on the HTML5 Runtime on HCP, you don't need any java classes at all.

Best Regards,

Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

huseyindereli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

Please check Week 2 Unit 5 of this course Next Steps in SAP HANA Cloud Platform (Repeat) - Rui Nogueira

It doesn't use an odata service but it might help.

Regards,

Huseyin.