cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutover planning in SAP EHS

0 Kudos

Dear all

I am planning the cutover activities for the SAP EHS area and therefore I would like to know, which open objects should I consider for this transition phase. I am thinking about incidents still opened, as an example.

Which objects should be considered carefully for cutover planning in SAP EHS? Any opinion from your experience can be useful.

Thanks!

M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Maria

is trying only to collect hints regarding e.g. : how to start a project (in EHS area). I am not aware of any similar question and as Pavan has stated: without knowledge what you would like to "implement" nobody can help

But clearly: you can check SAP pages and look for their "best practise" like discussed e.g. here:

C.B.

PS: take a look to book "The SAP project". This book covers anything (start of a SAP project, go through and clsoe it (including cut over);

0 Kudos

Thank you for the time used to answer me.

Your first link refers to a link for SAP  beginners. I was refering to cutover activities before the go live.

The second link is a general approach to  cutover. If I would need that, I would address the general  forum and not the SAP EHS.

I was refering to the cutover activities specifically for EHS. For example, labeling approach for the legacy batches sitting in the inventories.

Best regards, M.

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

As Christoph stated we need to know what SAP EHS Modules you need to "Cut-Over"?

I assume from your examples that you are doing a cut-over because of an system upgrade - and not for a first implementation - right?

If so from what Release / EhP / Component Extension to what?

Are you switching modules at the same time? For example incident management from the "old EH&S" to the "new EHSM" solution?

I was refering to the cutover activities specifically for EHS. For example, labeling approach for the legacy batches sitting in the inventories.

This is very company specific.

If you have stock that has been labeled with an old solution (SAP or non SAP)  - that is fine. No need to change from an EHS perspective the labels: The old labels should have been compliant and the new ones are hardly more compliant  . There might be reasons from a logitic side - change bar-codes etc...

Kind regards

Mark

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear  Maria,

regarding:

"Your first link refers to a link for SAP  beginners. I was refering to cutover activities before the go live."

Yes this is a document for  beginners but contains references to threads like "how to start an EHS project"etc.

I am not aware of specific threads for "cut over" activities. Most of the threads here discuss. which skill, knowlegdes are needed to start EHS/EHSM from "scratch"

Regarding:

The second link is a general approach. If I would need that, I would address the general  forum and not the SAP EHS.

Yes this is true. This is a general methodology; But without knowlegde about the type of project we talk about nobody can help you to list "cut over activities"

We can have e,g:

• SAP ERP Update projects
  • SAP ERP Ugrade projects
  • Movement of legacy system data to a SAP ERP (either existing or new)
  • INstallation of add on software (like EHSM etc.)

any of these projects require different cut over activities..

Like Mark:

The statement;

is not "precise" enough to help you

E.g. let us assume this: you started SAP ERP from scratch based on some legcy system. According to my experonece here. Especially in the area of GLM: there is simply no strategy available.

You need to have first: REAL_SUB, Then Material, Then data mainatined on REAL_SUB and Material level; you neeed released GLM reports etc. 

So please describe you  project type; then may be answers are possible

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Much of the cutover planning also depends upon which all SAP EHS components are in scope (IH, OH, PS etc??) and also on client's requirement of legacy/historic data migration.

Please reply with specific details.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you already review the Migration Guide at http://help.sap.com/ehs-comp ? This document provides the type of information you need.