cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lead Distribution Method: Manual Employee Selection

0 Kudos

Hello,

on CRM 7.0 EHp 2, I want to assign a new Responsible Employee to set of Leads using the Distribution Method "Manual Employee Selection" as follow:

Step 1: Search and Select the Leads in the Search Tool => Click on Distribute

Step 2: Select an new employee responsible and click on "Update" => nothing happens.

Any idea why it does not work? Am I missing anything in customizing? Is it a bug worth an OSS message?

I know that I could either

* use the "Change recipient" (one-by-one)

* use a distribution rule to achieve the same

but they are not as handy nor straight forward for the end-user.

Thank you for any feedback and regards,

Didier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please check the following wiki page:

Lead Management - CRM - SCN Wiki

I guess the key for solving this issue is the partner determination procedure. Is the employee responsible to be changed flagged as changeable? Can the employee be changed directly from the lead?

best regards,

Johannes

0 Kudos

Hello Johannes,

unfortunately it is not it.

My determination procedure has indeed employee responsible as "Changeable"

+ Access sequence "0008 Preceding Document -> User"

rgds

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

did you check if you are able to change the employee manually in the lead document? If not this seems to be indeed an issue with the partner determination procedure...

From what I can see from the screenshots the 'update' step is not working - while testing I see the following design:

Right after the 'update' the employee should be replaced in the view, and the 'save' fields should be enabled. In your screenshots it seems as if the save fields are enabled, but the employee is not replaced. Can you therefore please check the following:

Save the change and access the lead document to see if the employee got updated - if so this seems to be a display issue.

If this is indeed not updated, please check if the following breakpoints get hit while the 'update':

CL_BTDOCDIS_DISTRIBUTIONE_IMPL=>EH_ONUPDATE

CL_CRM_DDF_1O=>IF_CRM_DDF_OBJECTACCESS~MODIFY

From CL_CRM_DDF_1O=>IF_CRM_DDF_OBJECTACCESS~MODIFY you can check if the lead document can be locked with the  CRM_ORDER_ENQUEUE call and if method  me->maintain is called with the correct employee responsible.

This should give an idea what may happen.

regards,

Johannes

0 Kudos

Thanks to your input I traced CL_BTDOCDIS_DISTRIBUTIONE_IMPL=>EH_ONUPDATE

The system tries to catch the Partner Function 3 which is empty in our case.

In our case it is partner function 4 that has ID 0000014 - Employee responsible.

I do not understand why nor where in customizing I should set 00000014 as partner function 3.

The only location I see where partner function 3 is set is for the user Interface setting. But in our case it is set as partner function 3...

Thank you again for your help & kr,

Didier

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

can you please check the following customizing in your system:

Customer Relationship Management

Basic Functions

Partner Processing

Define Partner Functions

The employee responsible partner function needs to be from partner function category '0008 Person Responsible', it seems as if this is set as '0005 Employee' in your system.

Please find the set up from my system:

When looking at the coding system tries to replace the partner from partner function category '0008 Person Responsible'.

regards,

Johannes

0 Kudos

Thank you Johannes for your very fast and insightful answers.

kr,

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

Your analysis is so detailed and deep. Great Post.

Best regards,

Henry

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to CRM-->Basic Function-->Partner Processing-->Partner Determination Procedure

• Select the Lead Partner Determination Procedure
  • Select the Partner Function "Employee Responsible "
  • Tick on "Changeable" Flag ,Save change in Transport request.
  • Go To Web UI on Lead search.
  • Select  the Number of Lead from search to be distribute to other Employee.
  • Click on "Distribute ' and select "Manual Employee Selection"  as Distribution Method
  • Select  the Employee Responsible to whom lead to be distribute
  • Click Update.
  • Employee Responsible has been updated in all lead document.

Cheers!!

Rajesh