cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should my contract spend be greater than Total Managed Spend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm designing SPM spend reports for my client and one thing they want to see is contract spend as a percentage of total managed spend. I'm finding that the figure turns out to be greater than 100%. Could this be true, or is there an issue with the data? Furthermore, is there a glossary that explain the meaning of the different spend figures in SPM so I can confidently explain these measure to my client?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rishu_arora
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Brad

SAP application help contain explanation of keyfigures which is quiet good. I've put the link to the same at end of this response.

You mentioned contract spend to be greater than total spend. It would help if we konw exact fields you're talking about here. A possible case where contract amount is higher than spend would be when total amount of contracts for given period(contract amount) is greater than value of total invoices posted (spend).

Regards

Rishu

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_spm30/helpdata/en/c2/d0bbe75b59446bad4b33cb0f7db476/content.htm?frameset...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! Both of these are helpful answers!

former_member257798
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

In addition to the help, there is a SAP note that has a bit more detail. SAP Note 1915678, has an attachment excel spread sheet that lists the measure plus Query, Multiprovider, Detail to Cube transformation, Inbound layer ODS (Inbound to Detail transformation), Data Management Conversion, and ECC fields.

I find it useful for sorting out questions like the one you have posed.

Please See: 1915678 - SPM Key Measure Definition

Kind Regards,

John