Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS Agentry Client Crash - Upload Document

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When trying to "Upload Document" in Work Manager 6.3 it causes the iOS client to crash.

Steps to reproduce -

1. On a Work Order click the arrow top right and select "Upload Document" from the menu

2. Select the folder icon

3. Select "Documents" folder and then the application will crash.

Application Versions -

Work Manager 6.3

iOS Agentry - v70.10.6.7 & v70.10.7.8 (happens for both versions)

iOS - 8.4.1

iOS Crash Log Dump -

This issues doesn't occur with our previous iOS client  -

iOS Agentry - v70.7.2.3

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Stephen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I can confirm this is not a bug in Work Manager but an issue with the underlying client.  I have seen the same issue with the Work Manager 6.3 demo from the app store as well as with my own app using 70.10.7.8 client.. 

Have you tried any other older versions?  I have a 70.10.5.4 client that is working for attaching documents.

I have logged an issue for this problem with Engineering for investigation.

--Bill

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill. The crash doesn't happen with our previous iOS client v70.7.2.3 so it definitely looks to be client related.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Further testing confirms that the crash only occurs if the documents folder is empty.  If there is one or more files in the documents folder then it works as expected.

--Bill

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Upon further testing the problem, I was able to narrow down that the crash only occurs when you have nothing in the Documents folder and try to access it.  If there are any files or even an empty direcotry it does not crash. 

I also performed additional testing on the various patch levels of SP10 and every one crashes in this case from SP10 to the current patch level of SP10.  I did also try on SP09 and it works as expected when there are no documents in the folder and shows an empty screen / list without crashing.

So for now the work around would be to make sure there is at least an empty directory in your documents folder or revert back to SP09 (not really an option if running on iOS 9) until a fix is available.

--Bill

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the analysis and workaround Bill. We're planning to go live sometime in Feb so hopefully a fix is released before then.

Cheers,

Stephen

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

FYI for others who may have this issue - SMP Mobile SDK 3.0 SP11 was released yesterday and has a fix for this issue.

Cheers,

Stephen

kevin_hu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

just curious, how do you see the ips file from the iPad?

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Use the following Menu Path -

Settings -> Privacy -> "Diagnostics & Usage" -> "Diagnostic & Usage Data"

here you'll see all the .ips files

Cheers,

Stephen

Answers (0)