cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SICF service can't navigate through transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts, please help me!

I’ve created a service for transaction PR05 at SICF.

When I use the Mozila Firefox or Google Chrome, it works perfectly so we can navigate through the transaction.

When I use Internet Explorer, I can’t access the information of the travels at my computer. Using another computer, we can access the travel informations. However when I try to upload the information of travel recipes it also keeps running with no error message. This issue occurs only when I access the service through the ESS MSS Portal. If we test the service from the SICF, it works perfectly.

We can’t use Mozila once not all machines have it installed.

The main issue with Chrome is a new button where we upload the travel recipes files, once java is not support on this browser. We’re thinking on update the kernel patch, according to the note “2208040 - Information about the removal of the NPAPI in Google Chrome for WebGUI users”, so we have this functionality at this browser.

However, we would like to solve the Internet Explorer issue, once not all computers will have Google Chrome installed.

Do you guys have any ideas what should we looking for?

We’re on:

• SAP ECC kernel: 7.42 – PL226
  • SAP AJAX RUNTIME – SP10 – PL17
  • PORTAL BASIS – SP10 – PL 25
  • WEBDYNPRO RUNTIME SP10 – PL4

Kind regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, guys, an update about the issue.

The patch update help us so we can use the Google Chrome Browser.

However, after the patch update, the SICF services are not displayed in Internet Explorer it is displayed a page in blank.

Looking at the Portal log, I didn't find any message error.

Do you guys have any idea so I can try to adjust this issues?

Regards,

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luciano,

What IE version are you using?

What service are you testing via SICF? Is it the WEBGUI service?

If you do a view source of this "Blank" page - what do you see?

The Portal will not contain any trace entrys - the ITS / WEBGUI trace entrys will be in the Developer Trace files (st22) in the ECC system.

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Oisin!

I'm sorry for the delay. Just got other things to check.

We've returned to this issue. When I try to open the WEBGUI service on Internet Explorer it is displayed a page in blank.

If we test the service directly from SICF, it works ok. However, when I call the service from the portal side, it shows a page in blank.

I’m using Internet explorer 11 by default. However, I’ve already tried to simulate other version of Internet Explorer on the developer mode.

It works ok using other browsers like Chrome, Firefox, even Opera.

Do you think it’s some mismatch of patch levels from ECC and the Portal side?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lucuano,

It could be one of two things.

1st a Handler issue. This is why Cris recommended to apply the note

2166234 - SAP GUI for HTML: Dynpro too small on start -> parameter ~set_sizing_timeout

2nd it could be a "Compatability Mode" issue if it is occurring via IE when using two different Web Technologies in combinaion

However usually would get a popup warning if this was the case.

See the notes

1900896 - Browser: IE Restrictions for Portal and NWBC content - IE Quirks and Standards Document M...

1924378    SAP GUI for HTML: Info about standards and quirks rendering modes

Regards,

Oisin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Luciano,

For Chrome, you can have a look at the announcement in the ITS community - you will find more information about the alternative in a blog I wrote a few days ago.

For IE, please clarify about the SAP_BASIS of your ECC: SAPKB740xx ? In advance, I would recommend to adopt a higher kernel patch. Today patch level 315 was released, with several ITS/WEBGUI corrections.

Kind regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Cristiano, thanks for your reply!

ECC components below

SAP_BASIS - 740 - 0009 - SAPKB74009 - SAP Basis Component

SAP_ABA - 740 - 0009 - SAPKA74009 - Cross-Application Component

Do you think it might be a problem to have different SP levels on Portal and ECC?

Thanks,

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Luciano,

No, Portal and ECC are two different systems. There should be no relationship between their SP levels.

You can try implementing SAP note 2166234 to update the ITS handler class (no need to set the GUI parameter, mentioned in the note).

Also upgrade the kernel, as mentioned earlier.

Regards,

Cris

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is the announcment about Chrome referenced in Cris's last reply:

"

Please be aware of the following KBA which details a new development in the ITS area regarding ITS Upload/Download via the WebGUI when using Google Chrome

2249454 - ITS Up/Down: Using the WEBGUI File Browser in Google Chrome

See also the following blog from Cristiano Hansen who is one of the top contributors on the ITS Forum

Please use the comment section in the blog if you have any observations regarding KBA 2249454 or note 2208040 - Information about the removal of the NPAPI in Google Chrome for WebGUI users

also be aware of the following note regarding certificate validity

2250602 - ITS UpDown: applet certificate validity end date 01/11/2016

"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Oisin, thanks for your last reply and update. Another update about this issue.

Testing in others computers, the webgui application was working fine.

I’ve just discovered the problem in Internet Explorer, so I could use it for Portal tests.

I don’t know why the document mode on the debugging mode was configured as 5 as standard. Once I’ve changed to document mode 9 it worked fine.

I went to F2 shortcut and changed the document mode.

I’ll close the thread.

Thanks for all replies and support.

Regards