Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Platform Support Tool Issue: Two issues about 2.0 version

li_jin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got two issues with version 2.0 of this tool.

Issue 1:

My customer got the error as issue1.png shows when running PatchHistory.

Issue 2:

I got the error as issue2.png shows at the end of the installation of the tool.

Can anyone help resolving the two issues?

I wish we can keep PatchHistory tool available at the same time, since version 2.0 seems not stable now.

Another reason is, if I only need to check the PatchHistory, I don't want to download this 170 MB big tool and have to read so many guides.

Need to 'run simple'.

Thanks,

Li

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

li_jin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Found KBA 1983169 for PatchTool only.

joshua_kuhn
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

can you please turn on the trace (enabled via preferences), recreate the patch history error and send me the trace log?  I'll take a look next week.

Regards,

Joshua

joshua.kuhn@sapns2.com

joshua_kuhn
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Also, please ensure you copied the "operations.d" folder into the SAP host agent install directory (C:\Program Files\SAP\saphostctrl\exe) and restarted the SAPHostCntrl service after copying.

Full instructions can be found here:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=439649059

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Ji Lin,

Please be aware that I stopped updating the PatchHistory standalone application since 2.0 came out.  So, some of the newer patches will not be included unless you use the BIPST 2.0

Regards

Toby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josh,

I don't see where it says in the instructions to restart the SAPHostCntrl service after copying operations.d, but now that i've done that...  I think that cleared up a similar error i was seeing when running the landscape analysis.... or at least I'm not getting the error since I did that

Thanks,
Missy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Li Jin,

I updated the standalone patch history today.  You can download it here:

BOE and Data Services Patch History Analysis Tool - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wi...

Regards

Toby

joshua_kuhn
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Regarding the install issue,did you Install/extract the tool to the system32 folder?  I would suggest installing to a non system folder where OS security restrictions don't exist. A us folder in My docs, or any another new folder should suffice.