cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform right character truncated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All!

I have a problem with smartform printing.

The last character on the right end gets truncated, but the spool (SP01/02) looks perfect.

The printer is a Konica Minolta bizhub PRO 1051, the used driver is HP LaserJet driver PCL4/PCL5.

As mentioned in note 101266 the original developers used a -5mm horizontal shift to center the print.

We have a new development where we have to put some information close to the right side, and it is mentioned again in the note 101266 that with the horizontal alignment the margin grows with that 5mm.

My problem is that I cannot shift the whole smartform (as mentioned in the note) because the smartform is printed on other devices as well.

I found the same problem here: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1847929, but without solution.

Please advise!

Many thanks,

David.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well...

Not much help here!

I close this thread.

If anybody interested how the problem was solved please write.

peng_wen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Please also see notes 90437 and 183948 for this problem.
If the form will be printed by multiple device types, you have to adjust the form alignment to make
sure the margin is correct for the device type with largest blank width.

Regards,
Wen Peng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peng!

Thanks for the help!

These notes did not help me a bit...

The note that I mentioned explains, that the actual printout on PCL devices is 4-5mm to the left, so you have to correct it either at the device section (SPAD) or in the smartform. My problem is that the margin that our printer handles is 3.8mm. I need to print something that starts app. 7mm. If I use the horizontal shift in the device section then the margin grows with that 5 mm, so it is 8.8mm. This way it cuts the last caracter. If I move the smartform, than I will not be able to print the letter on other printers, since the whole smartform will be shifted.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

David.