cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issue in PI System due to high HTTP/RFC Roll wait time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing performance issue everyday in specific time. When I check it in St03, I could see HTTP and RFC are having high roll wait time.

This issue is being occurred in PI System where there is HR job being run everyday in ECC System and that is processed to Success Factor(client end) via PI runs.

Here the high response time is because of HTTP more(more roll wait time than RFC time), as the PI runs are more in that specific time, I believe we are not able to get required HTTP connections in that specific time!! I have thought here is, if we can increase the number of HTTP connections more than existing value then we can reduce the high roll wait time!!

I wonder if this way solves my issue?. Can anyone please advise on this and what needs to be better way in reducing roll wait for HTTP and RFC?

Please advise.

Regards,

Satyardha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can schedule a "/n/sdf/mon" monitoring (60 seconds interval should be fine) to see whether you are running out of dialog work processes.

If that is the case, you should increase the number of dialog processes.

Regards,

Isaías

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

If we do increase the dialog work process, does it solve the high roll wait time issue with HTTP requests?

Here, Is the roll wait time is due to lack of Dialog Wps or lack of HTTP connections?

Could you please let me know.

Thank you.

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sorry! I made some confusion .

Roll-wait time would not be caused by lack of dialog processes (read the SAP note 1063061).

Roll-wait is the wait time during the request processing.

So, I would say that you need to look for long running processes at the target system of the HTTP call...

Regards,

Isaías

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaías,

Thank you.

There is a HR job being run everyday in ECC System and that is processed to Success Factor(client end) via PI runs. This is processing as XI messages  from PRDCLNT100(ECC) to Successfactor.

When this process has take pace, this should be processed via HTTP requests right?

If I am wrong, please correct me.

The processing of XI messages are more in specific time where we have performance issue.

Is this can be sorted out by increasing the HTTP connections? If yes, how we need to proceed on this.

Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone please let me know the exact flow of XI messages?

Thank You

Regards,

Satyardha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satyardha,

Please also check the below thread to see if you can get some info

Thanks,

Sowmya

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sorry, I am not an XI expert.

However, I believe that XI messages could be processed either through HTTP or RFC calls.

I believe we don't have enough information to determine that the issue is lack of HTTP connections.

You could monitor this through the transaction SMICM.

If you believe the issue to be related to the ICM/HTTP resources, you can increase them per the SAP note 737625.

Regards,

Isaías

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

When I am checking in specific time where we have high dialog response time, I couldn't see any dialog steps in that time in PI System. So the high dialog response time is might be due to both RFC and HTTP response time/roll wait time(in our case).

When I talk about RFC, the response is high on an average of 500+ steps in specific time regularly. Can anyone please let me know in what way this RFC calls has been called and how to check what would be the max. RFC calls that set to our System?

when I checked in RZ12, I could see RFC server group where we have one logon group for RFC in which it has set to 2 wps. I believe this would be the parallel processing of RFC calls that reduce the time for processing the requests.

As I am facing an issue due to high roll wait time/ response time for RFC, If I increase the number of wps in RZ12, does this helps me to reduce RFC response in System?

Can anyone please let me know what action can be taken on this?

Thank You.

Regards,

Satyardha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone please help me on this and please suggest for above!

Thank You.

Regards,

Satyardha

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Increasing the number of WPs in RZ12 will allow the system to process more RFC requests in parallel.

However, it will not interfere with the processing time of each RFC request.

Regards,

Isaías

klaus_kohl
0 Kudos

Hello,

check the ressource of your System. In case of System swaps or not available Dialog processes i had this Image:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone Please have a look into this and please advise me to sort out the issue.

Thank You.

0 Kudos

Hello,

depending of the kernel release the system is running in, SAP Note  "2197809 : ST03N, STAD: Response time and roll wait time for aRFC as of 740 kernel" might help.

kind regards,
Mercedes