cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Platform Support Tool Issue: 1024mb vs 1gb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Developer,

I am happy to use version 2 of the Support Tool.

In our small dev environment the following situation comes up:

• XMX Param is set to 1gb (Xmx1g). See Screenshot 1 (2015-12-22 16_02_18-mRemoteNG - confCons.xml.png)
  • Platform Support Tool says that I have atleast 1GB (1024MB) to set for max heap size. See Screenshot 2 (2015-12-22 16_02_37-mRemoteNG - confCons.xml.png)

So is like in relation with hard drives 1gb is not 1024 mb 😉

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

joshua_kuhn
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Not to add confusion to this... but I just realized what i fixed above is not the same as what you posted.  There was a system alert that compares system ram to the total java max heap of the java based servers that was using 1000 rather than 1024 in the GB to MB conversion.  This is what i fixed this morning - BITBITOOL-756.

Just realizing that this wasn't the same issue you previously described, I took another look and realized that the alert in your screenshot was removed from the tool a few weeks ago (but after the last public v2.0 revision).   We decided to remove the alert that was being triggered for any APS less than 1g because there are legitimate scenarios when splitting an APS and assigning it to less than 1g is ok.  The alert was removed in Jira#  BITBITOOL-745.

IE. both are now fixed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My issue is BITBITOOL-756 so I am fine

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

joshua_kuhn
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Thanks for notifying us of this one Roberto.

i just checked in the fix.  JIRA#:  BITBITOOL-756

It'll be included in the next build release - v2.0.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Happy New Year!

Thx Joshua. When will it be released? Can't find any info on the officical support tool page.

joshua_kuhn
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

thanks Robert. I'll be able to look into this next week.