cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add user as a contributor to a task through API?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I want a user to see a task in his inbox when a task is being processed by another user(i.e. manager assigned task to a user and possibly he might want to reassign the task to another user). Make a user as contributor to the task is the solution, but I want to do it progmatically and unfortunatelly I didn't found appropriate method in api...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rohit_j
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If I understood your requirement correctly, you can use the TaskInstanceManager API for this.

Lets say,

User 1  - User to whom the task should be assigned.

User 2 - Actual owner of the task(One of the potential owner acting upon the task)

You can first invoke delegate method to User 1 from the API.

Then trigger release method from the same API.

End result would be that User 1 would become part of the potential owners list.

Best Regards,

Rohit

stefan_henke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zakhar,

I think Rohit proposal would not work the way you would expect it. His suggestion would mean that the User 1 would see that task in his inbox. However, if User 2 claims it again, User 2 becomes actual owner which automatically removes it from User 1´s inbox.

The feature of sharing a task in SAP BPM is not available via the public API. You can only invite contributors via the default task UI.

Depending on your concrete use case, one option might be to use task administrators in SAP BPM. As part of the task definition you can define a set of administrative users who can see the task in the Netweaver Administrator tool and assign these tasks to new users.

Best regards,
Stefan

Development Support

SAP BPM

0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

You've got me right.

May be development team should consider the possibility of extending API )