cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrying out CRUDQ operation with OData service in SAP Bussiness ByDesign

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant

Hi Gurus,

I would like to understand, Since SAP Bussiness ByDesign comes along with standard OData services, How can we perform the required CRUDQ (Create, Read, Update, Delete, operations on the service.

I am referring to

Please comment,along with reference link to follow.

Thanks, that will be helpful.

Pavan G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

Do not take my answer as 100% accurate as I am not personaly an SAP deeloper who worked on this feature.

However, I think that the OData version implemented in SAP Business ByDesign does not support Create and Update operations currently. According to my tests, it only supports the Read/Query operation.

I tell you that because when I tried to implement a Create operation through OData from HANA Cloud Portal to ByDesign, I did not succeed.

Something which is working with SAP Cloud for Customer, where the OData protocol supports the Create operation.

This is a feature I am looking forward in SAP Business ByDesign.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards.

Jacques-Antoine Ollier

0 Kudos

Hello Pavan

as my colleague Knut mentioned in his Blog Post http://scn.sap.com/community/business-bydesign/blog/2015/03/10/odata-for-sap-business-bydesign-analy... ODATA is used to read analytical data. The Create, Update and Delete are transactional operations, which should be performed using WebServices.

You will find a list of supported webservices in the Service Explorer in the WoC Application and User Management.

Best regards

Marlene

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant

Thanks marlene for response.

i guess stuck the HOW-TO guide mentioned.

Regards,

Pavan G

Answers (0)