cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load data from flat file

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to BW. I am trying to load Master data from flat file with time dependent. I have created two time dependents Designation and Salary. In Flat file I have created DateFrom and DateTo.

In DateTo I have mentioned date as 9991231. but when loading the data I see in PSA table as 99.91.23.1.

I also dint see any records getting displayed when I execute the data.

Please help me in this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry guys. am not sure how mark as correct answer

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just click the CORRECT ANSWER below the answer of the member who helped you to solve this problem..

Regards,

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry to get back late. above issue is resolved after doing all the modifications in PSA table am viewing data as below

Former Member
0 Kudos

Employeename field shows empty

former_member186053
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Have you mapped Emp Name properly. Please check your datasource. Fields in datasource should be in same order as like flat file.

Thanks,

Vengal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the data type you have taken for Employee Name??

May be that is creating the issue.

Please check that.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rashi. But I don't understand why the data shows as below how can we make it understandable. This is my output after executing DTP

Below is my flat file which looks like

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to tcode RSATTR, click Infoobject List, select your infoobjects, SAVE, then EXECUTE so that newly loaded masterdata will reflect..

Regards,

Loed

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Addition - You can run report(attribute change run) from SE38 - RSDDS_AGGREGATES_MAINTAIN - Enter your info object name and execute it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you have created time dependent master data, so by default it takes "valid from" and "valid to" dates which are 01.01.1000 to 31.12.9999, so it will show blank against those dates for which you have not maintained data for employees in your flat file.

Like for CHARLIE, you have maintained two records in your flat file starting from 10.05.2014 to 10.08.2014 and 01.09.2014 to 31.12.9999. So there is a gap.

So it will create one blank record starting from 01.01.1000 uptill 09.05.2014, because there is no information available.

After that, there is no information available for CHARLIE from 11.08.2014 uptill 31.08.2014, so again one blank record.

Then as per your flat file from 01.09.2014 uptill 31.12.9999, record for CHARLIE  is there,

the same you can see in your output.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for clarifying

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may already close this thread by clicking the CORRECT ANSWER.

Regards,

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Please reward the points for correct answer and close the thread if your doubt is clarified.

Thanks,

Rashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to add currency column and fill it through your flat file data.

I mean you need to have a unit column in your flat file then only you will be able to see the corresponding currency for salary key figure.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Which Time character (Info object) did you take in BW? incase if you have used 0CALDAY, then length should be 8, i.e YYYYMMDD.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I have used 0CALDAY and length is by default 8 right

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chai,

please enter flat file calday value as 99991231(YYYYMMDD).

Delete bad request from psa and reload flat file into psa.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you raman

I am able to execute the data but my data is displaying like below

what can be the problem where am going wrong

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mean how you want display data?

is any columns are misplaced?

your display will shows the data as per data source design.

check your data source how you altered fields.

About Salary and currency, have you  defined amount key fig with currency?

Have you maintained currencies at your flat file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the screenshots and advise me

I have not mentioned nothing in the currency field.

even after mentioning 0currency do we still need to fill the currency field in flat file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

I see that you have designed Keyfigure(Salary) with reference kf,i.e 0Currency, so in that case you must maintain 0Currency filed next to salary field in the flat file.

Acc to your design, the Salary should be in different currencies, see below for better understanding.

SalaryCurrency
2000INR
1000USD
200GBP

Incase if you want to maintain them in single currency, then enter your choice of currency in Fixed currency tab.

Regards.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please maintain currency at flat file and try to see the preview data while loading.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chai,

You can close the thread if your issue resolved.

Thanks

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

If you are interested in trying and learning yourself. I can give you a hint. In the datasource, fields tab, there are two colmuns, Conversion and Format. Do some reasearch on what they are for and see if you can use them to fix your issue

Goodluck,

Benedict

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you referring in Extraction  Tab. Also I see extra column is displaying with same field name while preview.

For Ex. I have created Emp database with Empname, EmpDesig, Empdept, Empsalary,

When I click Preview Empsalary twice and one field is filled up and other shows empty.

Currency field also shows empty I have used 0currency