cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Details in Drill Down In Crystal Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was hoping someone would be able to help me resolve an issue that I have been recently facing with Crystal Reports.

We are using Crystal Reports for .NET Framework within Microsoft Visual Studio Premium 2013.

We designed a fairly straight forward Drill Down Report - with three levels of grouping.

The issue is that when I drill down the report and export the report in PDF or Excel or any format, only the main report gets displayed i.e. only the contents of the first level group gets exported.

I think this is happening because when I drill down beyond the first group, Crystal reports opens up the details of the second group in a separate tab and from all the reading that I have done so far, when I try to export the contents of the crystal reports, it only exports out whatever is in the main tab.

Is there a way around this. Is there any way to instruct crystal reports to show the drill down details in the "Main" report itself? Basically, I just want to export what ever is being displayed on the screen.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are encountering this exact same issue. We recently upgraded to CR 2013 from 11.5. Exporting/Printing the drilldown details was working previously for us but now is not. Did you ever find a solution for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems like it only works when the report is exported in Crystal Report format (.rpt) and opened in Crystal Report software itself (CR Viewer should work too), would it retain the full content of the report. Any other format selected will only result in exporting data on the tab you are on (e.g. second drill-down)

EDIT: If you are planning to export to PDF only, there's a workaround for it. A long process, but bear with me.

1. Save the report you have generated as a offline .rpt file.
  2. Open it with Crystal Report Viewer (I used Viewer 2008, smallest file size among the other CR Viewers)
  3. Once in the Viewer, under the "File" menu, there is a option "Print All (include hidden sections)". Select print output to PDF if you have a PDF printer.

Direct export to PDF or any other format will only export out the section you are viewing.

That's all I can offer for now, hopefully there's a better solution out there

Regards,

Joseph

PS: All these were tested with SAP Business One, Crystal Report 2008, and Crystal Report Viewer 2008, but they should be the same in principle

Message was edited by: Joseph Ooi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Joseph. Unfortunately, our clients don't Crystal Reports viewer installed on their machines. Are there any other suggestions / solutions?

Again any help would be greatly appreciated!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help would be appreciated here!