cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Platform Support Tool Issue: Unable to retrieve Patch History

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created support incident 944656 / 2015 but was asked to post the issue here from the Platform Support Tool.

I've successfully ran every part of the Landscape Analysis except Version History. I've atttached a successful report as well as the log
file from the version history.

I assume that I've set up the SAP Host Agent correctly because theHardware Summary works fine (attached).

I can reproduce on our DEV (3-node) and TEST (6-node) landscapes as well as a 1-node sandbox.       

Steps for Reconstruction    
1. Install Platform Support Tool
2. Configure JMX on Tomcat
3. Install SAP Host Agent on all nodes in landscape
4. Run the Patch History feature of the Landscape Analysis

I must be overlooking a procedural step somewhere?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Thanks to Eddy, we have discovered that in some cases Windows does not like the forward slashes that are used by default for the "Install Directory" and "Logging Directory" under the BI node in Landscape Configuration. 

To resolve the problem, try to change the forward slashes to back slashes for each BI node

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Paul1202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I have the same issue with retrieving the Patch History. Error :

"

Unable to gather Patch History data from Landscape

See Tracelog file for more details"

"

I have tried to find the Tracelog-file but could not find it.

The operations.d folder is copied to every node

The "Hardware Summary" reports works well, so I believe the SAP-Host-Agent would work fine.

We have 5 nodes. When I run this Patch History, I see the error coming when the tool connects to the last node

Any idea ?

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for reporting the problem. On the last node where it appears to fail, check under the folder C:\Program Files\SAP\hostctrl\work and send me the files sapstartsrv.log and dev_saphostexec. It will help to know why the Patch History operation is failing. You can send it to me direct toby.johnston@sap.com

Thanks

Toby

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

On the BI host, check under the folder C:\Program Files\SAP\hostctrl\work and send me the files sapstartsrv.log and dev_saphostexec.  It may give some clue as to why the operation is failing.  You can send it to me direct toby.johnston@sap.com or attach it to the incident.

Beyond that, I can meet with you first thing tomorrow morning to have a Citrix web meeting.  The problem could be related to the landscape configuration itself.

Let me know what time would work for you.

Thanks

Toby

alexej_petrow
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

do you also have copied the operations.d folder according to the instruction to .../saphostctrl/exe?

check Step 5 for Windows Getting Started Guide (BI running on Windows) - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki or here for Linux Getting Started Guide (BI running on Unix and Linux) - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN...

regards

Alexej