cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find free license

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a legacy application that calls the Crystal Reports Viewer, version 9, supported by Crystal Reports version 10.  Under Windows XP, everything worked fine.  When upgrading to a Windows 7 PC, I now get an error message stating that Crystal Reports cannot find a free license.  Has anyone seen this?  Anyone know how to fix it?  I saw several items in my Google search that said installing Service Pack 6 would fix the problem, but I can't find anywhere to download SP6. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

This will never work for the following reasons:

1) CR 9 / 10 were released years before WIN 7 and thus are not supported on that OS. See the following for more details:

Crystal Reports v. 9.1 to SAP Crystal Reports 2013, Runtime Distribution and Supported Operating Sys...

2) The security / permissions / etc., improvements as pertains to COM SDKs and objects on WIN 7 are causing the issue, not the SP for CR.

3) SAP does not maintain links to retired / unsupported software. Thus there are no links to these fixes on any SAP servers. You may want to google for these as sometimes, 3rd party websites do have then available for download.

I suppose the next question should be; now what?

Unfortunately the only option is to update the app to the latest Solution Development Kit (SDK). However note that if your app is using the Report Designer Component (RDC) SDK, then this SDK was retired in CR XI R2 (v. 11.5) - about three years ago. From your description I believe this is the SDK your app uses. E.g.; the update I have in mind would involve porting your app to use the CR SDK for Visual Studio .NET or the CR SDK for Java.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Answers (0)