Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Document Area when creating content repository oac0

former_member551676
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all,

I am not sure what to put for column 'Document Area' at tcode oac0.

The requirement is storing third party's attachment(assume is PDF) to content server's database to reduce the load on ERP's database

External Basis has installed the DMS server, so my Storage Type is HTTP Content server. I have all the server info ( version no, port number, http server, http script , etc )

Problem is with Document Area,

what are the difference for these three options under Document area?

1. Document Management System
2. ArchiveLink
3. empty

Appreciate any feedback

Best regards & a happy new year

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183148
Contributor

Hello Alex Lee,

In my own terms when ever some one stores documents, document area determines how the documents will be processed going forward eg: when a machine goes wrong in Procution department, the operator can mark the area  of the machine map … which can be passed … mechanic…approvers …chief engineer…etc…etc who each one of them can create a separate version of map to mark their notes & approvals to fix the machine where a lot of versions of documents get stored along with the original unchanged.

The same way a document can be edited simantaneously or exclusively by a group of persons which requires check-in(blocking) & check-out(unblocking) of document. In this case document area Kpro(Document Management system) is recommanded as document interface.

Similarly, Archivelink when documents are NOT edited much but meant for access and doc changes are stored as notes and annotation(separation components belonging to same document).

The same document area are also used as filters during document search.

The use of blank document area by default points to archivelink as per my research many days ago. Please self check it.

Please feel free to ask questions .

Please check out this if this helps -

Thanks,

Kolusu

Answers (0)