cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Portal 7.4 compatibility with webdynpro abap 7.02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had a portal 7.0 and a SAP SRM 7.02 EHP2.

We were installed a new portal 7.4 and we have transported all content of our portal 7.0 to the portal 7.4.

In the portal we are calling a several webdynpro Abap (SRM 7.02) the wendynpro abap work correctly but the problem is with the visualization. For example with the style(color and shape) of tabs.

New portal:

Old portal:

I dont know what is the problema, Is necessarry the intallation some patch in portal or R3?

Please can you help us?

Thanks and best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether the iview property "Use Portal theme" enabled for the iviews that opens Webdynpro abap application. If not please enable the option and check again. it should work.

Also please dont change in the WD_Global setting which will be applicable for all the webdynpro applications.

Thanks,

mahendran B.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monica.

I think SAP Portal 7.4 is not compatibility with webdynpro abap 7.02. Kindly refer the SAP Note 1388258 along with PDF for NW version Interoperability.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

+1. I wouldnt assume you can upgrade EP without doing anything on consumed backends in most cases. Due my experience in generally its a good idea to have identical stand on both servers. Stack compatibility of intended target versions is stuff you need to check before upgrading

cheers

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monica

I think I know what this is .. it is the new theme value which you will see after upgrade ..so SAP has changed the color theme from blue to grey ..You will see that now the current theme would be SAP_CORBU

refer this note

2086049 - Change the theme for Web Dynpro ABAP

If following the note does not help follow the steps as mentioned below and see if it brings back the colors ?

If you would want to change this refer to the note mentioned above and Webdynpro component FPM_OIF_COMPOENET we need to set some values in the parameter tab to override standard values of SAP_CORBU Select application /sapsarm/wda_l_fpm_oif

Select the parameters tab of it maitain an entry as mentioned below

STEP 2 :Launch the Webdynpro application WD_GLOBAL_PARAMETERS.

& select WD_GLOBAL_SETTING application right click and then test ..

CHANGE this value of WDTHEMEROOT again as shown below

STEp 3 :

Expand SAP node and check for webdynpro application WD_GLOBAL_SETTINGS in SAP>>BC >> Webdynpro>> SAP>>

See currently WD_GLOBAL_SETTINGS IS deactivated so we need to activate it by right clicking

Let me know if it helps ..

Regards

Vinita