Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career Discussion: Test Manager/Analyst

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi All

As part of kicking of 2016 Careers space I thought it would be good to open up threads to discuss job functions that we don’t hear much about. Many new members come to this space wanting to know about Technical or Functional career paths for a specific modules.

The first discussion I thought to open up for the year is that of the Test Manager. I would love to hear your thoughts and views on this job profile. If you happen to be an experienced Test Manager you might want to write a blog about your experience and tips (if someone has already published one, only write yours if you have something different to add). For everyone else, we may find ourselves wearing the hat of a tester for time to time.

Here’s some questions/areas that as inspiration to discuss:

• What is the role and responsibility of a Test Manager/Analyst?
  • How do you become a Test Manage/Analyst?
  • What are the levels of progression in this job (from fresher/junior to senior)
  • What skills and experience do you need to be a good Tester Manager/Analyst?
  • What is a typical day in this job?
  • Is this a dedicated job or can it be combined with other jobs?
  • Do you consider this job to be important (Why or why not)?
  • Is this a project or support role (can it be both?)
  • What technical skills do you think are needed? Any specific SAP tools or modules?
  • How do you think this job is impacted in the age of Cloud-based products?
  • Do you consider this job to be ongoing as SAP evolves?
  • What business/process knowledge is required?

Happy discussing

Regards

Colleen

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe a day at this position (Analyst) is one of the important position as a correspondent to the business. I, myself, would like to be considered a Analyst. But being some what new to the configuration/implementation side. I can't do nothing but to study scenarios after scenarios. My question, What would be the expectations for a beginner who has a background as a End user, who has studied and took a course in SAP MM/FI.

Thank you