cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDT tool sessions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We noticed some strange behavior in the IDT tool when trying to connect to different CMS clusters. A saved session to a CMS cluster will be overwritten when creating a new session to another cluster.

Ex. we have 2 BI clusters (@Bitest and @BIProd), connect to @Bitest and close the session. Create new session to @BIProd and @BITest will get overwritten.

Doesn´t matter if we use AD or enterprise authentication.

Checked the logs and both clusters are read correctly from the CMS db (the servers behind the cluster are listed correctly).

We don´t have an issue saving sessions to non clustered BI servers. We can have several of these without an issue.

Anyone else having this problem ?

We use BI 4.1 SP4.

Br/ Gunther.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is worked as designed, one of the systems was setup with copied data form another system. Even after creating a new SIA you will never loose the connection completely to the original system. They updated the notes for backup/restore with this info. Best to use promotion and not copy DB and filestore if you want to keep the system running (fine for a temporary restore).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Showed the behavior to SAP support they will come back after testing on their lab servers. Waiting for feedback now, fingers crossed.

former_member205064
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gunther,

Did you find any solution on this issue.?

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gunther,

I've had other peculiar issues which couldn't be explained 100%. Like, when I would create a session to logon to a cluster from IDT, I'd be logged on for a split second and logged off immediately. The solution was that my user account be added to Universe Designers Group (default group), even though I had access to IDT from Applications (in CMC). (I think that BO version I was working with was BO 4.0 SP6)

Please do the following:

1. Check if the version of BO Client tools you have match the version of BO Server tools on the different clusters you're connecting to.
  2. Please try the solution I discussed with my issue.

Let me know if this helped.

Thanks,

Mahboob Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the tips but unfortunately no success.

Br/ Gunther.

former_member205064
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this issue specific to one IDT on one machine or on other machine as well.?

what about if you dont use the cluster name for login in IDT and use the indvidual CMS name login to IDT?

Can you Deny access to IDT from one @Test and then login in IDT with @Pod and check what happens next.

IF its happening with individual IDT then resintall client tool.

IF the behaviour is with all the client machine then there is some @cluster issue in your Env.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it´s on all client machines. Using individual CMS has the same issue, it will detect that the server is a member of a cluster and add the for example @Test or @Prod in IDT.

I checked the logs and the clusters are detected correctly so it´s not mixing the servers. It checks the CMS and fetches the correct servers for each cluster.

Strange that we only have this in IDT no other issues with our cluster setup and it has been running already for a while.

We have a sap case, hopefully they will find something.

former_member205064
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If its only with one machine try uninstalling client tool and re-installing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It´s on all machines I have tested on, even with a fresh install we have the same issue.

former_member205064
Active Contributor