cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection string

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have upgraded the server from SAP Business One 9.1 to 9.2 in a development environment. After the upgrade, when I run my add-on in debug mode I get the error "Connection - Could not find SBO that match the connection string". The connection string I use is the same as the code examples of the SDK. I don't know why after the upgrade begins to show the error, because before the upgrade was working fine and the instance of SAP Business One client is running.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did anyone find the solution for this issue ? Because, I am also getting same error when I try to connect SAP B1 through Visual Studio.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks..

former_member241304
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ponmalar Jaganathan,

I will suggest u one think to over come dis issue

1) Check ur frds Connection String and Compare it and the string should not be different.

and try like dis also.

Regards,

P.Pallavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could not find any solution. We went back again to version 9.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

When you are running add-on through code please run the code with the administrator rights to avoid the error and mean time you can give the full permission to the Visual Studio  file.

we have faced same error and could not modify or work on the add-on part , but with this we could able to run the code and work.

I hope this will address the issue.

Reg,

Kashinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your Support..

I got solution when i run visual studio as run as administrator.

Regards,

Ponmalar Jaganathan

former_member221340
Participant
0 Kudos

After upgrading to SAP 9.2, we also ran into the same error "Connection - Could not find SBO that match the connection string" when trying to debug the addon.

What we found as a solution was that Visual Studio and SAP Business One had to either BOTH be running as administrator or NEITHER could be running as administrator.

• If SAP Business One is running as administrator, then running Visual Studio as administrator works, as suggested in the answer.
  • However, If SAP Business One is NOT running as administrator, then running Visual Studio NOT as administrator works.

fulopl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I got the same issue. In my case if I run as a normal user, then my app crashes. If I run as admin, then at least I got the "Could not find SBO" message...

When my app crashes in the log I have b1_engine.dll as the dll with problems.

Is there anyone who got the same issue?

Many thanks for any advise.

Laszlo

fulopl
Explorer
0 Kudos

The problem seems to be with the 32bit and 64bit versions...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pedro_magueija
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also don't forget that is recommended to delete the SM_OBS_DLL folder from Temp after an upgrade.

Cheers.

Best regards,

Pedro Magueija

View Pedro Magueija's profile on LinkedIn

pedro_magueija
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Check which compilation mode (x64/x86) is active. When using x86 you should run the 32bit client.

When x64 or AnyCPU (without Prefer 32 bit) you should run the 64bit client.

If the client running does not match, you get that error.

Best regards,

Pedro Magueija

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pedro,

I have reviewed your comments and followed your suggestions. The error persist although we also have done:

-re-installation of the SAP Client.

-updated the references to the COM files (dlls) in the project.

-delete folder SM_OBS_DLL

Do you have any other idea we can to check?

Thank you.

pedro_magueija
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Which compilation flags are in use? Can you take a screenshot?

Best regards,

Pedro Magueija

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo ,

Did you get the solution for the ''connection string issue with sap business one 9.2''

i.e. Connection-could not find SBO that match the connection string