Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Email Notifications

BillW
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm setting up monitoring and having problems getting the email notifications to go out.

I have the job server destinations email setup. It works fine with sending out reports.

I've looked in the logs and haven't been able to find anything that indicates whats going on. I'm getting the alerts in my admin inbox ok just no email is going out.

\

I'm sure I have it setup right. It has to be something stupid or a bug.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

BW

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hey Bill,

Long time no talk.  Try this solution and see if it helps.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1878999

Regards

Toby

BillW
Participant
0 Kudos

Yea Toby,

How you been doing man? I follow you on here. You put out a lot of good info.

Anyways I found the solution just as you replied. I never notice the alert application before. I just had to set that up and it started working.

18.1.3.5.1 To modify alerting destination properties

1. In the Applications area of the CMC, double-click Alerting Application.

2. Click ManageProperties. The Alerting dialog box appears.

3. (Required) Perform one of the following actions:

Select Enable My Alerts to enable alert subscribers to receive notifications under My Alerts in BI launch pad.

Select Enable Email to enable alert subscribers to receive notifications through email. Global email options for alerts appear.

4. If you selected Enable Email, perform the following actions:

In the From box, enter the email address that alert notifications will be sent from. Subscribers will receive alert emails from this email address. Use a valid email address that is recognized by your system.

In the To box, enter the email address of the alert subscriber. By default, all system alerts will be sent to this email address.

Tip Do not specify a email address or recipient. Use the %SI_EMAIL_ADDRESS% placeholder.

In the cc box, enter each recipient email address that should receive carbon copies of alerts.

In the Subject box, enter a default subject heading to use in emails containing alerts.

In the Message box, enter a default message to include in emails containing alerts.

Select Add Attachment to enable attachments to be included by default in emails containing alerts. For example, select this option to include associated Crystal reports with triggered alerts.

If you selected Add Attachment, in the File Name select Automatically Generated or Specific Name to indicate how to name attachments in emails.

5. Click Save & Close.

Thanks for your help and tell  everyone in the office I said hi.

BW

BillW
Participant
0 Kudos

Funny that Kbase is the same thing.

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Good news and I'll pass on the hi from BW

Answers (0)