Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GLF trace files not being saved in e2e_workdir

mfoeken
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm bumping into an issue getting the e2e process running. When I execute the e2e trace the log files from the BI platform are not captured. The only files saved are .log files.

Does anybody have an idea what I need to check?

With kind regards,

Martijn van Foeken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hey Martijn,

My apologies that the setup documentation for the E2E Trace Wizard is not yet complete and hence may be contributing to your issue.  This should be updated on the wiki in the coming days.

Have you completed the SAP Host Agent setup and copied the operations.d folder to each BI and Tomcat host?  These steps are covered in the Gettting Started Guide.

Can you confirm if you are trying to use the option for SAP Host Agent or UNC Shared Paths for the log collection?

Thanks

Toby

mfoeken
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Toby,

No problem. I have completed the setup of the SAP Host Agent and I'm using the SAP Host Agent option for log collection.

Step 5 of the E2E trace process indicates that the logs on both the BI and Web Server are collected succesfully but no files end up being copied to the e2e_workdir :-(.

With kind regards,

Martijn

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hey Martijn,

Could you zip up the tracelogs.glf generated under the BISupportTool logging folder?  It may give some clue why the collection failed.  You can send it to my email toby.johnston@sap.com

Also, under each WAS host in the landscape configuration, you have to configure the local logging path of the BI web applications.  This path is passed to the SAP Host Agent so it knows where to grab the logs from.  For example, see below under the BI Launchpad and Central Management Console properties:

Thanks

Toby

mfoeken
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Toby,

Thanks for your response. Can you also share how the path should be defined for the BI node?

With kind regards,

Martijn

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hey Martijn,

The logging path for the BI nodes is derived automatically from the SIA placeholder property %DefaultLoggingDir% when you create the Landscape Definition.  This can be confirmed by clicking on a BI node in the landscape configuration and checking the Logging Directory:

It's possible there is some other issue happening with the host agent.  Any exceptions from this would be logged in the BISupportTool tracelog so this may provide some help.

Also, you can check the sapstartsrv.log in the directory C:\Program Files\SAP\hostctrl\work on the BI and WAS hosts.  This is the log of the host agent and could also give us a clue of any failures.

Regards

Toby

mfoeken
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Toby,

I will share the log files later today via email. Having some issues connecting to our BI platform via VPN.

With kind regards,

Martijn

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

As per our phone conversation, it appears that there is a network timeout which is preventing the logs from downloading completely.  I am investigating this currently.