cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling a probe daily except a time window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've scheduled a BI launchpad probe to run every 5 minutes on a daily basis. We have coupled it with a watch so that a watch can send an email notification on a probe failure. The issue is that we take CMS down for a couple of hours everyday for a regular  maintenance. So as soon as CMS comes up immediately after the regular maintenance window, we receive an email notification. So technically, this is an expected behavior. However, we don't want to get as notification as this is occurring during our planned daily maintenance. So question is how we can we schedule a probe to run daily for every after 5 minutes except during the maintenance window of couple of hours ?

I tried following options but couldn't make it as per the requirement.

1) Hourly option - This is the closest for our requirement but can't deselect any time window

2) Calendars - I can select the custom days but not time

3) File based event - I created system event based on a file but I don't see an option in a probe to use it

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

It sounds like you need to disable the "Alert Reminders".  Please refer to my article below under the section "False Alerts"

Regards

Toby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Toby,  setting 'Alert Reminder Frequency" to 0 helped with not getting a notification for Probes even after SIA restart during the maintenance window.

However, watches on BO servers( like event server, CMS, ADP serer) do send the notifications after the SIA restarts during the maintenance window.( which is correct technically).

However, we don't want watches to monitor the servers during the maintenance window. So is there feature or setting that can be used so that watches skip the server monitoring during the maintenance window and we can avoid false notification/alert ?