cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner determination in CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I'm trying to set up partner determination for an appointment, created by a follow up from an activity.

I want to go deeper in the relations than "preceding document -> BP relation X" and I can't seem to figure out how.

for example I want to be able to go to the activity the appointment was made from, go to one of the participants in that activity, go to his employee, and add him as a participant in my appointment, basically I want to go : activity -> participant1 -> employee of participant1 (it could be longer chain or different relations, it just an example).

a solution I thought of (I don't like it very much) is to set up partner determination for "temp" values, what I mean is, set up partner determination which will add "participant1" to relation X in my appointment, and set up partner determination which will use the BP I connected to relation X as a source, and will add "employee of participant1" to my appointment.

that way I can create a chain as long as I want in the price of redundant connections, I don't like it.

if someone knows a way to do what I want I would love to hear it, (or maybe I just missed something and the solution is right in front of me )

thanks and sorry for the wall of text.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ofir,

Your Question is so much confusing.

Could you please put your question in different way? Keep your query small and straight. That will be easier for us to understand the correct requirement and we would be able to help you out.

Best regards,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

let me try to describe a scenario and my requirement.

scenerio:

i have an activity with a relation to an organization unit,

i have set up a follow up from that activity to create an appointment.

organization unit responsible >

| > organization unit connected to the activity >

| > manager -> business partner

| > employee > business partner

| > organization unit 2 >

| > manager > business partner

| > employee > business partner

my requirement :

1. add attendees to the newly created appointment, the attendees will be the employees, of the organization unit, in addition I would like to differentiate managers from normal employees, one will go to one attendee type (with mapping) and the other to other attendee type.

2. Also, if possible, I would like to add the employees of "organization unit 2", a diagram of where it is in the tree :

Hope it's clearer, thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ofir,

In Activity (Appointment), there are few partner function involved such as Account, Contact, Employee responsible, and Attendee.

1. add attendees to the newly created appointment, the attendees will be the employees, of the organization unit, in addition I would like to differentiate managers from normal employees, one will go to one attendee type (with mapping) and the other to other attendee type.

A. Employee responsible can be picked automatically by the user (access sequence).

B. Attendee: if you want to differentiate between manager and ordinary employee, instead of partner function attendee, you can create two new partner function:

a. Attendee - Manager : you may pick this partner function automatically by using the access sequence (BP relationship). In BP, you have to create a relationship between your manager and employee.

b. Attendee - Employee: This can be entered manually.

2. I would like to add the employees of "organization unit 2", a diagram of where it is in the tree.

You can enter those employees manually.

I hope, I could able to answer for your query.

Best regards,

Dinesh