cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner Functions (Bill-To / Payer) within RE-FX

Former Member
0 Kudos

RE-FX Gurus,

I have a requirement to replicate Partner Functions functionality (as per SD) within RE-FX, for example in SD of the client’s customer has the following functions:

• Sold-To Party
  • Payer
  • Bill-To Party

From the configuration I can see there are the following roles which I believe mimic the functionality of SD:

• Master Tenant w.Cust.Acct (TR0600)
  • Payer (TR0705)
  • Cust. Bill-To Party (TR0818)

Therefore to achieve the potential requirement of handling Bill-To Parties and separate Payers in RE-FX, do I just need to create these Business Partners in TR0705 and/or TR0818 roles and assign them to the Master Tenant w.Cust.Acct (TR0600) partner? Will this approach work, or is there a better way?

Many thanks,

Saul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amarendar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saul,

In the posting parameters tab under postings which ever BP is updated, it will be picked for invoicing.

You can create BP for all these roles, but invoicing will be done only to the BP updated in postings parameter.

Regards,

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amar,

So it is not possible to have a different BP in the Posting Parameter? I have set up a relationship between two BPs but can’t reference the Bill-To in the Posting term (drop down is just showing one).

Many thanks,

Saul

amarendar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saul,

You should be getting all the partner as options in posting parameter. See below screen shot.

Which ever partner you choose here will be invoiced during RERAPP.

Regards,

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amar,

I have set up a relationship between Business Partners, however on the Posting Parameters of the REC I can't see the other Business Partners?

What do you think it could be?

Many thanks,

Saul John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John,

I think if you can copy the TR0600 role and then create new roles

"Payer" and Bill To Party"

then you will be able to see i guess.

narnei
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saul John,

First of all thanks for clarity in explaining the issue.

So you have to create all below roles for the partners as you required.

• Master Tenant w.Cust.Acct (TR0600)
  • Payer (TR0705)
  • Cust. Bill-To Party (TR0818)

Then In Real Estate contracts you have to mention all above partners participated in the contract at "Partners" tab ( As shown in Image 1), in your case it will be Bill to customer, ship to customer, Payer (or  Tenant with customer account) ..etc.

If you maintain as shown above in contract, Then only system will recognise those partners for the postings, Then you can select the Financial customer (who is payer / making the payment for this contract) for this contract from the dropdown list as shown below in image 2.

Here based on the requirement you can bill to more then one partner also by giving the % to pay by each partner, Any how in your case you are using single partner for payment (As Payer) so select that Paying partner here and postings will be routed to that partner only.

Pls revert if need any more details.

Regards,

Rao

amarendar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

I always have great appreciation for the effort you put in while replying to any query.

Super like for it.

Regards,

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rao,

I really appreciate the time and effort in answering my request.

One final question: I understand the concept of Sold-To (Contract holder) and Payer (Posting Parameter) replication within RE-FX, however I am still unclear where the Bill-To integrates, the address to send the invoice- can you advise please?

Many thanks,

Saul John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also one last question-

I have defined the BP Roles, so I have Business Partners in the Bill-To and Payer roles- however when I go to add the Business Partners the roles aren’t appearing in the dropdown list.

Please advise.

Many thanks,

Saul John

narnei
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saul John,

Even though you have added or created the roles, you need to assign those roles to your particular contract type. Then only system will shows you in the drop down list at your contract level.Pls try to check below two points.

1. Make sure you have added required roles in below configuration.

SPRO - Flexible Real Estate Management (RE-FX) - Business Partner - Relevant Settings for Business Partner in RE Context -          Business Partner Roles - Define BP Roles

2. Check the created roles are assigned to your contract type or not.

- SPRO - Flexible Real Estate Management (RE-FX) - Business Partner - Relevant Settings for Business Partner in RE Context -      Business Partner      Roles - Assignment of Role Categories to Real Estate Applications - Make Settings for Roles per Object      Type –      If you assign the roles here (As shown in below image) sure it will flow to contract.

Regards,

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rao

Answers (0)