Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meter Based consumption billing in REFX

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello :

We have a scenario at our client. Tenants has to pay chilled water consumption charges to the company. Bills for this are generated every month based on the unit consumed into a fixed rate every month. Separate meters are installed in every rental units to record monthly consumption of chilled water. I have configured service charge settlement based on the link Service Charge Settlement - Flexible Real Estate Management (RE-FX) - SAP Library .I am doing the following process to charge this chilled water cost to the tenant.

1. Created a rental object with a measurement type stating the number of units consumed.
  2. Created a participation group and assigned above rental object to it
  3. Created a settlement unit with the specifications of Participation group in it
  4. Created a contract against rental object with a condition type relevant to SCS
  5. Executed SCS t but got error message that no settlement unit selected, i have given settlement unit as indicated in the screen shot.

Please suggest if i am following a correct process. My aim is to be able to generated bill to the tenant through SCS process based on the meter reading done for a particular rental object in a particular month. I have read about PM process to record readings against meter but i am not sure how to execute this process . Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amarendar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

In the meter tab of RO, first create measuring point.

Using T-code IK11, create two measurement documents for your RO.

Now try your SCS.

Regards,

Amar

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

Thanks for the reply. Before i go into the the details i need to know the end user level process which should be followed for my scenario in SCS. I need to post bill to the tenant based on the unit consumed by him in a particular month. He holds rental object, i have a measurement type which has been set as relevant for apportionment . I have contract type for billing water consumption.. I have configured a service charge key for this purpose as shown in the attached screen shot.

Thanks

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any guidance on above process will be highly appreciated ?

Thanks

amarendar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

I have done it using CAM functionality and there is a SAP note also which I had to implement to get it working, I am trying to dig out that SAP note. It has been quite some time, when I did that.

Let me search for it more sincerely.

Regards

Amar

0 Kudos

Hello Atif,

Generally, here is my consumption based scenerio to post invoice to tenant in a month by using meter, instead of measurement. It may help. ( i put in an order but it may vary )

1. create characteristic ( e.g. kW for electricity )

2. in rental object master data, create a meter with kW. It will give meter number.

3. create a meter document for this meter as opening ( e.g. date of 01.01.2015 )

4. create a meter document as end of month ( e.g. date of 31.01.2015 )

5. create participation group and assign your rental object.

6. create settlement unit and assign your participation group.

7. create a settlement variant in customizing.

8. create a service charge key for kW, mark as meter and assing to your settlement variant in customizing.

9. customize a condition and assign to your service charge key in customizing.

10. add this condition in your contract

11. define an account that will be settled from in customizing.

12. post this account an amount which will be settled, in line item you must enter:

referance date ( e.g. 31.01.2015 )

your settlement unit

your service charge key

Now, in transaction RESCSU you should see that amount in cost collector tab.,

Transaction RESCSE will be settle this amount.

Bahri Sertan Alkan

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have followed all of the above mentioned steps. I am able to see the cost generated in the cost collector tab of RESCSU for the SU and service key i posted cost in FB50 against the Account assigned in Customizing but when i am trying to settle the cost in RESCSE i am getting error no settlement unit selected. Please see my selection criteria of RESCSE .Moreover may i please know the relevance of contract creation in this scenario when we are billing tenant through the settlement process itself .

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

How is the configuration of your settlement schema ?

Is it for 01.01.2016-14.01.2016 or 01.01.2016 - 31.01.2016 ?

efrainantonio_pacheco
Participant
0 Kudos

Amare, could you please share this document with me, SCK es a very difficult to configure

Thanks

efrainantonio_pacheco
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Amare, can you share again this please, I received it in my SPAM inbox and  I could not recover.

I appreciate you attention with this matter.

Also, If you can please share the SAP note for CAM.

My email is efrainapm@gmail.com and Efrain_2000@yahoo.com.

I tried to connect with through Linkedin but I could not find your profile, let me know when is ready

Best regards

efrainantonio_pacheco
Participant
0 Kudos

Bahri,

Please clarify something: in the step number 10, that condition to add in the contract need a specific value?, What value or amount must be set?

My question is because my understanding of the functionality is that condition should be updated through the settlement month by month or periodically, is tahta correct? or need it an amount as AP?

thank you in advance for your answer

0 Kudos

Hello Efrain,

There is no need a specific value. It will settled the amount.

If you enter an amount in the condition, it will be the maximum amount to be settled.

for example, 600 usd is occured as a result of settlement calculation.

If it is entered 500 usd as a condition amount based on month, settled amount will be 500 usd. Else calculation amount 600 will be settled.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

mobin_karamat2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I believe you will have an amount to charge tenants. Have you considered One time posting RERAOP, with reference to SCS. That works very well. Upload all the values to be charged and it will be part of SCS.

Regards

amarendar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Are you still searching for the solution. Finally I got time to simulate it in sandbox.

Share your e-mail id, I will send the configuration document to achieve it.

Regards,

Amar

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amare:

Thank you for getting back. We have developed a solution to bill chilled water charges to tenants but i would like you please share with me documents at atifpk90 at gmail.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amare;

Can you pl. share the config doc to me also as I also have a similar requirement in my project.

My mail id is dadua.kar@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amare,

Could you please share the config doc to me at nanggg2811@gmail.com. I also have face at the same issue.

Thank you so much!

Sarinya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amare Kumar

I am trying to configure SCS and have a similar issue can you please send me the configuration document for the above. My email id- achyuthreddy58@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amare Sir,

Would you please share the configuration document you have created for SCS to me also at <tushar.awasare@gmail.com>

This is very much important to me also, I am also have same scenario.

Please do the needful

Regards

Tushar Awasare

Pune

efrainantonio_pacheco
Participant
0 Kudos

Good day

Tushar, could your the information shared by Amare if already have it?

my email is efrainapm@gmail.com

Thank you

efrainantonio_pacheco
Participant
0 Kudos

Good day

Rao, could you share the information sent by Amare if you already has?

Thank you

efrainantonio_pacheco
Participant
0 Kudos

Good day

Amare, could you share that information with me?

Also, could you suggest a good link for a CAM configuration

Thank you

0 Kudos

Hello Atif,

Did you customize expense account which is going to be settled ?

And also, is that account has balance with settlement unit assignment in expense accounts real estate account assignments ?

By the way, as long as i understood your settlement is based on meter, if there is not specific requirement on measurement,  instead of measurement type, you can create a charasteristic for meter and create meter document.

Bahri Sertan Alkan

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

Can you please shed some light on the overall end user level steps involved in this process which should read values to be charged to the tenant from the meter data.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atif,

For Service Charge Key Z001 what have you configured?

Kind regards,

Saul