cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERMS and Multi level Categarization

0 Kudos

I am trying to set up ERMS with Multi level Categorization .

I have configured Repository , Service Manager Profile , Rule Modeler , E-Mail Profile , Inbound , Outbound and Workflow settings necessary for ERMS  .

For Multi Level Categorization :

1 ) In Multilevel Categorization , we have  Application area we have , What shall we select in terms of Application Id , Parameter and Value .

2) Transaction Type to Catalog Category we have  Transaction Type  , Description   ,Catalog Category .

In Transaction Type we can select Service Ticket or Incident and Catalog Category what is Category to be selected , "C" ,"D", " E " or something other . C and D probably are for Service Request and E is for Cause .

Again , If Auto Complete is needed , we tick and from More we can go to Auto Complete which will give us option in terms of Template .

The Templates available are Service Order Template , Problems and Solution , Standard Response ,  Mail Form template , Service Request  .

What is that which is going to suit our purpose for ERMS ???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeep,

What is your release version? Have a quick look at this knowledge article on how to set up & configure an ERMS. There is a detailed documentation, encompassing all possible aspects including multi level categorization. See note 896925

0 Kudos

I have set up ERMS . But I am looking ERMS with Multilevel Categarization .

Again Can you provide me the link to download the OSS  note 896925 .

0 Kudos

I am looking for more into Multi level Categorization  with ERMS .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

For some reason we are not able to paste the link at the moment, could be a technical issue. Please refer to the note.

Also look up for this one as well; 1658173

0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas !!!

I don't have an access now that's y I am not able to log in and access the OSS Notes . Anyway Thanks !!!

If you can send me the link then I can access it Or you can answer me .I only want , What I need to configure for Application Area and  which is the Catalog category to be used for the Transaction type and what Transaction type to be used .

I am using CRM 7.0

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjeev,

It's been many years since I have worked with ERMS or Mulit-Level Categorization, but from what I remember for ERMS you want to choose the following for your schema:

Application Area = Rule Modeler

Parameter = Context

Value = E-Mail Response Management System

Also, assuming that you are using the new Service Request business object and not the old Service Ticket business object, make sure that you are using the new method of determination of categorization schema based on transaction type/catalog category combination that works for the Service Request, rather than the old method of determination of categorization schema based on subject profile that was used for Service Tickets.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot John .

I really wanted you to answer this question as you are SME in this . I have gone through your documentation and blogs .

But I need some clarification .

1) I researched and had a simple doubt . I want clarification on the VALUE part . I found out we can use  Rule Modeler as Application Id

Parameter  - Context

Value as Service Request Management .

The Value will be Service Request Management or E-Mail Response Management System ???

Please Would you mind clarifying on that .

2) In Application Id , You suggest us to use Service Request as Transaction Type and  Catalog Category to be selected  as  "C= Defect Location / Object " or "D = Overview of Damage  " and If I want to use Auto Complete I can use Service Request Template .

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Sanjeev, I haven't really worked on this topic in quite some years so I'm probably not the best person to ask. However, I was able to find this old screenshot. Though as I mentioned, if you are using the newer Service Request object, then you will want to use the newer transaction type/catalog rather than the old subject profile approach that is used for Service Tickets.

0 Kudos

Thanks John ,

Yes , I am using the newer version so I will be using  Service Request as Transaction Type and  Catalog Category to be selected  will be   "C= Defect Location / Object " or "D = Overview of Damage  " .

But I want clarification on Application area . Do I need to use Service Request Management or E-Mail Response Management System as VALUE ?

I want to close it as most of my query is solved , I just want some clarification on the VALUE part . If somebody can pitch in and help be with that .

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

You need to use ERMS. I have written a blog which I have published today however. I am unable to paste the URL for the same.

Can you click on Content and check the document Auto Suggest Features-Multilevel Categorization Part 2.

Kind Regards

Atul

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Thanks for helping out.

Kind Regards

Atul