cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is best ILM, PBS or Open Text? or any other suggestions?

0 Kudos

Hello Experts

We are planning to use third party external storage for the data archiving we have done and the document archiving which we will do in future?

I have following questions:-

1, What points should I consider for choosing best out of three apart from Cost and better functionality?

2. What would be your preference and why?

3. How complex it will be to move, already archived files from exchange directory to third party content servers?

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201157
Participant
0 Kudos

1, What points should I consider for choosing best out of three apart from Cost and better functionality?

look for Certified solutions, as you mentioned both data & document archiving,
you can go here and find the partners
search with "archiving"
https://store.sap.com/sap/cp/ui/resources/store/html/Search.html?pcntry=IN&sap-language=EN&catID=&se...

2. What would be your preference and why?

there are cloud solutions also available, instead of investing more dollars upfront.
this can be used to evaluate different existing solutions.

3. How complex it will be to move, already archived files from exchange directory to third party content servers?

this process most likely is not complex.

another way is to get quotes and product information brochures directly from vendors .

get these vendors to do a presentation , demos, proof of concept.
most likely they don't charge atleast initially for these

lastly SAP Content server could be also considered if the requirement is storing archive files and limited DMS

0 Kudos

Thank You for your Inputs Satya.

Can you please help me with some link or documents where I can explore the cloud solutions specifically for SAP data / Document archiving.

former_member201157
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anugrah,

There is a good presentation on this topic.

Hopefully you can find some leads from this document.

http://www.texpertsinc.com/docs/BI2011_Hager_Managingsapdocument.pdf

Answers (0)