cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCM Configuration Wizard > Test Connection to Primary Server: Exception 'EOleException' in module PCM Configure.exe at 0019F216. OLE error 80880021

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am getting the below error while i am trying to configure primary application server in SAP PCM based on oracle 11.2.0.4.

"PCM Configuration Wizard > Test Connection to Primary Server: Exception 'EOleException' in module PCM Configure.exe at 0019F216. OLE error 80880021"

This is a known issue documented by SAP on Note "1753611 - PCM 10 Upgrade Configuration Errors - Oracle database".I have tried the workaround of installing oracle instant client as well. But still facing the same issue.

**Steps i followed**

Installed oracle instant client from oracle 11.2.0.4 installation folder(same folder from where i installed my database) .

Selected oci.dll from oracle instant client root folder and oraoccill,dll file from oracle_home/oci/msvc/vc9 folder (as per the installation document i should have got vc9 folder along with oracle instant client installation but i did not, so went with pointing the one in oracle_home folder).

Initially when i followed the above steps primary application server testing went fine and i faced error in work manager server (this is also documented in note  " 1709278 - PCM : Error " Invalid workflowuser - (800706be) The remote procedure call failed " when co...").

Later, I de installed the existing oracle instant client and re installed by downloading fresh copy from oracle (instant client version 11.2.0.4). And started getting the error mentioned in note 1753611. Kindly advice . Thanks in advance for all you advice and comments.

Thanks,

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

resolved by installing fresh oracle instant client downloaded from oracle and pointed oci.dll and oraoccii.dll from the same instant client folder.

Olj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram k,

Help me please.

I did new(fresh) installation PCM 10 sp10 p1.

I install PCM + Oracle 11.2.0.4 on the same machine. Which version of client must I install?
In installation guide writes:

Download the appropriate version of the Oracle 11g R2 Instant Client package from the Oracle web

site. At the time of release, this is patch set 11.2.0.1.0 or 11.2.0.2.0.

But I use Oracle 11.2.0.4,   can I to install 11.2.0.4 client version or 11.2.0.1.0(11.2.0.2.0) ???

Thanks...

0 Kudos

Hi Daulet,

I assume that you are asking about oracle instant client.you can download oracle instant client version 11.2.0.4.0 from oracle site for free. Once done place oci.dll and oraoccii.dll in x64 or x86 folder (depends upon your installation version) where PCM is installed .

Olj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

can you help me please.

We checked "Make default" checkbox, and now we cannot change connection to another system.

example, now we have:

Must be so:

How to uncheck "Make Default"???

Thanks...

Answers (0)