cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Holiday Ontario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could anyone please share their tips on how we can configure the calculation of Public Holiday Pay for Ontario? The prerequisite is that the holiday pay will be calculated based on the wages earned 4 weeks prior to the week of the holiday. Anyone who has done this for biweekly payroll?

Regards,
Carmela

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Meeting the minimum requirements of the Ontario Employment Standards for Statutory Holidays

Public Holidays | Ministry of Labour

is quite a chalenge in SAP if you don't have Weekly Payroll Periods.

We have bi-weekly Payroll Periods, and created a set of Time Evaluation PCRs to be able to follow the "Time Worked" in the preceeding 4 weeks, through distinct Time Types (one for each Week's hours plus one TT for the current week's hours) and a Time Type/Wage Type for the Average Hours for the preceeding 4 weeks. These hours include a "theorical" number of hours for those who get a vacation pay on every pay (eg. 4% Vacation Payment).  Note that we have included Paid Absences in the "Time Worked".

The WT with the Average Time Worked for the preceeding 4 weeks gets created on the first day of the new week and is transfered to Payroll through table ZL.

Payment is done through Payroll at the employee's current rate of pay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Remi for your helpful answer.

Just out of curiosity, as I have not done any Time before. If our workweek is from Sunday to Saturday, how can we configure the rule so that the system calculates the preceding 4 weeks of pay from a Sunday-Saturday work week. My problem as well is that some of our employees enter hours worked from IT2010, absences are entered from IT2001, I am not sure how this would affect the rule?

Pardon my ignorance. Thanks again!

Carmela

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Time Evaluation PCRs, Operation VARSTWEDAY can be used to query what day is being processed, and depending on the return value, you can generate a Time Type with the values of "Today" or you can generate a Time Type that will be the sum of the values of "Today" plus "Yesterday".  That way, on Sunday you have only the values of "Today" while on Saturday you have the Total for the week.

Unfortunately, such processing can't be done in Payroll when IT2010 is processed.  I tought that there used to exist a Payroll Function or Operation to separate Week 1 from Week 2 in Payroll, but I was not able to find it when I looked for it a few years ago.  I looked again today, and the closest I found was Operation MXHRE that is valid only for Mexico.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rémi for your helpful answers! Appreciate it.

Carmela

Answers (0)