SAP for Automotive Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users in discussions to troubleshoot challenges, share best practices, and fuel each other's success. Join a conversation or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error LO-WTY Catalogs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working with Catalogs in the submodule LO-WTY and emerged me the following problem:

In the Warranty Claim Process (WTY) I place over the 'Result' field and select F4 to view the Catalogs. After choosing one of them, only number of the catalog appears. No data is displayed so I can choose.

For the creation of the Catalog I followed the following steps:

-I've created a class. Type 600

-I've created a characteristic which I have given possible values

-I've associated both (class and characteristic)

-I've defined an indicator catalog

-I've created a catalog number and have included various data

When I try to view the different entries in the catalog, these do not appear. Only the catalog number appears.

Does anyone know what could be causing this error?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SachinX
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You need to define the catalog in the configuration & implement the standard BADI WTY_F4_ITMNO, WTY_F4_DEFECT and WTY_CREATE_COPY via which the catalogs are called are, however, hard-coded on the following catalog codes :

• WTY1 (defect catalog, field Defect Code )
  • WTY2 (labor value catalog, field Key for item type Labor Value )
  • WTY3 (external service catalog, field Key for item type External Service )The appropriate catalogs are therefore called directly when you choose the F4 help function. However, the catalogs themselves do not exist yet. You have to create them yourself with these catalog codes.

Choose transactions J3GK01, J3GK02, J3GK03 to create, change and display catalog entries for these catalog codes.

Also one more important thing for the labour catalog in the items of the warranty claim there is a field called LV catalog which needs to be filled first & then only when you drop down on the field of "KEY" in the items of warranty claim when the control item type & item type is set as "FR" then the F4 help will work to give you the labour catalog.

Understand the fact that you need to define the catalog by the codes "WTY2" for the labour operations.

Regards,

Sachin Balmiki

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SachinX
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You need to define the catalog in the configuration & implement the standard BADI WTY_F4_ITMNO, WTY_F4_DEFECT and WTY_CREATE_COPY via which the catalogs are called are, however, hard-coded on the following catalog codes :

• WTY1 (defect catalog, field Defect Code )
  • WTY2 (labor value catalog, field Key for item type Labor Value )
  • WTY3 (external service catalog, field Key for item type External Service )The appropriate catalogs are therefore called directly when you choose the F4 help function. However, the catalogs themselves do not exist yet. You have to create them yourself with these catalog codes.

Choose transactions J3GK01, J3GK02, J3GK03 to create, change and display catalog entries for these catalog codes.

Also one more important thing for the labour catalog in the items of the warranty claim there is a field called LV catalog which needs to be filled first & then only when you drop down on the field of "KEY" in the items of warranty claim when the control item type & item type is set as "FR" then the F4 help will work to give you the labour catalog.

Understand the fact that you need to define the catalog by the codes "WTY2" for the labour operations.

Regards,

Sachin Balmiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Sachin Balmiki,

I have another question: Where is the field called LV catalog? I can not find it.

Regards,

Enrique Requejo

0 Kudos

Hi Enrique,

The LV catalog field will only appear in the Item table if you have activated IS-Auto in your system.

If you do not have the IS-AUTO system, then after you implement the BADI for the catalog "WTY2", the drop down should work at the field key field "ITMNO"

Regards,

Sachin Balmiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for your answers. In the end I opted to use the BadIs. We are using the module VMS, not  the DMS. I'll tell you the results and if I have had success using it.

Thanks for everything.

Regards,

Enrique Requejo