Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly added sc's not displaying in list to add to track

michaeljacobs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good day all,

I have an issue where newly added sc's are not displayed in the add list of sc for a new track.

i have checked in the sc's from the inbox, via the transports studio, then i imported it on the development tab and then imported it on the consolodation tab. But when i tray to add it to my track, it does not appear in the list of sc when i click add sc button on the landscape canfigurator.

Is there any steps i'm missing here? 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

are you sure that SC has been specified in SLD as build time dependency for your track ?

If yes, did you press "Update CMS" on Domain Data tab (before pressing Add SC on the track data tab) ?

I am confused on the other hand , because one prerequisite for an SC to show up on the Check-in tab is that it is part of the track (which among others also expects what I wrote above , see note #1259604), so I'd expect the phenomenon in the other way round (as if we tried entering a house without opening the door, unless I misunderstood the scenario).

Best Regards,

Ervin

michaeljacobs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

i dont recall specifying this as a build time dependency in SLD as i do not know how to do that, can you perhaps list steps or direct me to a guide of sorts as i'm fairly new to nwdi.

As things stand at the moment, this is all steps i have done so far:

1 -  Basis team dropped the sc in the inbox.

2 - I created a new track in the landscape configurator, but when i tried to add the sc's it did not list them. I then added a sc that i did not require as i could not save the new track without a any components.

3 - i then checked the transport studio on the newly created track and the required sc's was listed in the check-in tab.

4 - i then checked it in, then imported it on the development tab and then imported it on the consolodation tab.

5 - i then went back to landscape configurator, deleted the initial sc that i used to be able to save the track i previsouly created and tried to add the newly imported sc's but the sc's does not appear in the list.

6 - i did update cms on the domain data tab and tried to add it again but it was still not in the list of sc's.

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Please open SLD - Software Catalog.

In Software Component type your product - this is the SC you do add in the CMS - Landscape Configurator - Track data.

In tab Dependencies in drop-down menu of Context, please select BuildTime.

If the dependent SCs are not listed here then you will not see them in CMS neither.

Please click on button 'Define Prerequisite Software Component Versions'.

VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Here you have to define the necessary SCs for any development.

For more details please refer to these notes:

1080927 - Creating CMS Tracks for Common Application Types (7.0x)

----------------------

1465468    Required SCs for Specific Type of Development in 7.1 Track 

1463541    Required SCs for Specific Type of Development in 7.2 Track 

1457908    Required SCs for Specific Type of Development in 7.3 Track 

1572743    Required SCs for Specific Type of Development in 7.31 Track and 7.40 Track 

Regards

michaeljacobs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Milen,

The SC's i'm adding is SAP sc's and not our own custom sc's.

We were provided the following patched sc's from SAP,

SAPCRMAPP00_92-20010211.SCA     CRMX73P.01080623        733

SAPCRMJAV00_92-20010212.SCA     CRMX73P.01080623        733

SAPCRMWEB00_92-20010213.SCA    CRMX73P.01080625        733

SAPSHRAPP00_92-10012168.SCA      CRMX73P.01080615        733

SAPSHRJAV00_92-20010214.SCA      CRMX73P.01080620        733

SAPSHRWEB00_92-20010275.SCA    CRMX73P.01080617        733

and i would like to make a new track using these sc's, is the method provided by you not only for NON sap sc's?

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

What you need to define in SLD is the Build-Time dependencies.

This concerns any kind of components: custom or SAP's ones because you declare that these SCs are needed during/in the build process.

Regards

michaeljacobs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Milen,

i have tried to add the Software Components in the SLD but it only allows me to add not sap sc's.

Below is the only option that i get.

Add Software Component Version to Non-SAP Product

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would you please share a screenshot what & how exactly you are trying to add a SAP SC to the Build-Time dependencies.

I would like to emphasize again you do not create/add the SAP SCs.

You might add dependencies. This means you specify to which non-SAP custom SCs what other SCs (custom or SAP) are needed during Build-Time, Instalation and/or MetaData Request.

Regards

michaeljacobs
Explorer
0 Kudos

In SLD, i select Software Components in the Softaware Catalog section.

then i click new ,

next

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well this is exactly what I wrote in my previous reply.

It is not needed to create SAP SCs.

They are coming in SLD with the CR update.

What you display here is how you create a product or custom SC.

Later to this SC you:

.define SC dependencies,

.add to Development Configuration track,

.create your DC in NWDS

and so on and so on.

Please have a look on this guide for more general information on SLD...

Working with System Landscape Directory (SLD) - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

For more practical step-by-step description how-to do it please refer to:

Creating a Software Component in the SLD

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/49/1966e569cd3896e10000000a421937/content.htm

Creating a Development Track

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/49/10d5313d9d132ee10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Regards

michaeljacobs
Explorer
0 Kudos

So in the case of me trying to apply a patch provided to us by SAP, should i update the CR in order to get the sc's into the Add Sc's list when creating a new track?

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are 2 completely different things that do not have anything in common.

The NWDI is used for facilitating the software logistics. This means you need to implement YOUR custom changes in SAP product.

The patch provided for a certain component is deployed directly on the AS Java through SUM or telnet. I would not recommend you to use NWDS although it is possible.

Regards