cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BILaunchpad is not reading in the xml configuration file

0 Kudos

Hello,

I was putting together a new desktop build for the client PC’s, and has come across an issue with AO for office 2.2 This is on Windows 10 / office 2013. When launching the analysis for office in excel, the SAP BO Launchpad is not reading in the xml configuration file , both Admin and roaming versions, to allow the end user to select the BO system (sapbop), instead it shows a standard formatted “template” url. I have had a good look around the SAP sites, and cannot see anyone with the same or similar issues (KBA/Notes / SCN etc). Can you help?

Thanks,

Sudam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Initially I thought the reason is with BI4.1 SP4 as the Add-on is only for BI4.1 SP5 and above. But it seems to be different as launching the analysis for office in excel or in power point, the SAP BI is not reading the modified xml configuration file, i.e Ao_app.config, Ao_user_roaming.config or other config files where the proper cms name and port are mentioned.

I have however got same issues in the below discussions and followed the instructions.

How to add web service URL in BO Analysis | SCN

Any help is appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudam

I was searching same thing with you and then i found solution to my problem in this link :

Parameters used in SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, edition for Microsoft Office 2.0.x - SAP NetWeaver ...

Please see latest comments, Hope it helps  (to you or somebody else who is searching)

Regards

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would help if you could share your version of BI - BI4.1 SP? 

Also are you installing the latest patch of AO 2.2 - SP1?

0 Kudos

SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 Support Pack 4 Patch 2
Version: 14.1.4.1412

AO : 2.2.0.51997

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like you are using an old version of Analysis Office; is there a chance you could go to the latest SP for Analysis Office?  13 or 14?

0 Kudos

Hello Tammy,

I suspected the installation file was not correct and hence downloaded the AOFFICE22SP01_0-70001293.exe which is SP01 Patch0 for ANALYSIS OFFICE CLIENT 2.2. It still doesn’t have the entry for the Business Objects Server in the pull down, even though it is in the config files. 

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello - you may want to open an incident with SAP Support to investigate further; to speed things along I recommend referring to this thread