Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conversion of Taxinj to Taxinn

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Could you please let me know the steps to be followed for conversion of UTXJ data (condition records) to Taxinn.

2.  In Taxinn IDES server, we have created condition types for VAT / CST 

for eg: JIN1 (Taxinj) we have created as JZN1 (Taxinn) and so on.

For this we have copied JCST in Taxinn and attached a new access sequence  which is a copy of JIND (from UTXJ of Taxinj)

How do we map the UTXJ data from Taxinj for these VAT condition types in VK11

3.   Should we keep all the accesses of UTXJ for each condition type in Taxinn or do we need to slice out the data for each condition type

4.  As far as I know in Taxinn , in FTXP we will not be maintaining rates for VAT, excise etc, then what will happen to direct FI transactions?

5.  We tried maintaining access sequence for the following key : Cntry/Plant/Plantregion/Region/Tax classification cust/ Material freight group,

but this sequence is not getting recognised in the Sales Order that we are making especially Tax classification cust. when we removed this field from the access it is working. Why so? The  new key Cntry/Plant/Plantregion/Region/ Material freight group works. 

Please guide.

Nivedita

20 REPLIES 20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts please reply. Little urgent

Thanx .

Nivedita

former_member662097
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shatrughan

Thanx for the reply .

The links which you posted, seem to be for Taxinj..I want to know about Taxinn ...whether Utxj is to be used or not if not what is the alternative etc as I mentioned in my post. Please guide.

Nivedita

0 Kudos

Implement the steps explained in the attachment to the following note:-

• Note 2014164 - TAXINJ to TAXINN Migration

so that you can make use of the same condition types as that of TAXINJ

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx a lot for ur response.

In Taxinj we have used

For BED - JMOD & JEXE

For Ed cess = JECS and JECX

For H.SC JA1X and JA1Y

For VAT/CST : JIN1, JI06 etc

Can we use the same condition types in TAXINN too

Nivedita

0 Kudos

Hi Nivedita,

You will need lot many more condition types - separate for percentage based (eg JMOP) and quantity based (eg JMOQ) and total of these two will be linked to a third condition type (eg JMX1), which will be used to update the values in your CIN registers.

Regards,

SP

0 Kudos

Hi all

Thanx a lot for all ur responses.  But my query remains unanswered.

I have started configuring TAXINN based pricing procedure on my sandbox server

i believe JMOP, JMOQ etc are MM based conditions. My query is regarding SD condition types for Excise and VAT etc. Will it be better to use  the same condition types that I used for Taxinj or should I use taxinn condition types.

0 Kudos

We have problems only related to MM conditions since some of these condition types are defaulted in the standard programs itself.

However with respect to SD, You can use the same conditions. I don't see any problem there.

PS: OSS Notes 2188454 and 2014164 need to be referred to for migration from TAXINJ to TAXINN

0 Kudos

Thanx a lot Sumit

If you could also guide me in the query which I have posted just prior to ur reply, it would help a lot.

0 Kudos

If you are asking about using the SD condition types of TAXINJ in TAXINN, I already said that you can use them in my opinion. I don't see any problem with using the same TAXINJ condition types in TAXINN, until you have the correct access sequence and control data assigned to them and have maintained all the condition types under TAXINN excise defaults.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nivedita,

The condition types defined in Tax Pricing Procedure - TAXINN and Sales Pricing Procedure are different, as defined in the different application. Even though you might name them same.

Refer the following link for further understanding:

- Difference between MM price procedure, SD price... | SCN

If you still have concerns, please do let us know.

Thanks, JP

0 Kudos

Dear experts

Another query I have is

While converting from taxinj to taxinn, We have decided to use the same condition types for Vat, CST etc like jin1, jin2 etc in Taxinn also . for this we need to maintain access sequence against each of these tax condition types using combinations of country, plant. Plant region, region. Tax classification cust, tax classification material etc.

If we are doing this do we have to maintain each of these tax condition types in material / customer master tax classifications. In taxinj we were maintaining  UTXJ in material/ customer master.

We have around 9 such tax condition types like jin1, jin2 etc

0 Kudos

Dear  Experts

I have a query in SD pricing procedure of Taxinn

We have created a pricing procedure for Domestic sales.

The invoice is getting generated by no Accounting document is getting generated.

We are getting the following error in VFX3:

No account was specified for account type "S" in item

"0000001003" of the FI/CO document.

We have used VAT condition type JIN6 . To this we have attached JN6 accounting key.

In OB40, we have attached the GL code also to this Accounting key

VKOA settings are also properly done.

Please advise

In MM pricing procedure also, we are  facing a problem:

We have created pricing procedure for Local POs.

There are 2 types of POs i.e Normal POs with Material codes and Service POs without Material codes.

In Condition type JEXS  value is not flowing from the taxes in the case of Service POS  but the tax tab is showing tax calculation correctly

In case of Normal POs with material, JEXS is showing proper value.

Please advise .

Thanx in advance

Urgent

regards

Nivedita Nair

0 Kudos

Hi Nivedita,

I think one of the key combination is Account Assignment Group is missing, please check in

1. Customer master-> Billing Tab-> Accounting section->Account Assignment group of Customer

2. Material Master-> Sales-Sales Org. 2->Grouping Item->Account Assignment group of material

3. Check VKOA setting according to Account assignment group of customer/Material

4. Check in sales order (VA03 - Goto - Header - Financial Accounting - Field name: Acct. Assg. Gr) have been       filled in automatically.

5. If it is one Time Customer, the Account Assignment Group manually enter into the sales order. 

Regards,

Shatrughan

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanx a lot for the quick response.

My problem was solved by running  report SAPFACC0 by putting a breakpoint , I got to know the exact error.

regards

Nivedita

0 Kudos

Hi Nivedita,

Once your query has been answered, please mark the helpful answers first and finally the correct answer, which happened to solve your problem. Marking a correct answer will change the status of the thread to 'answered'.

If you mark the helpful and correct answers, it would be helpful for others to know which one was correct and helpful, so they can apply the same method in their situation as well.

If we don't mark correct answers , people may get confused whether it has been answered or not and possibilities are there that one more thread may get raised for the same problem .

Thanks a lot for your understanding.

Regards,

SP

0 Kudos

Hi Sumit

Will do that.

Another query

How do I round off my excise value in Taxinn in my SD pricing procedure.

My excise in condition type JMOD is getting calculated but I want it to be rounded off.

For example if JMOD is 62.26 I want it to be 62 rounding off to the rupee. How do I achieve this.

Should I write a routine for this?

Please guide.

regards

Nivedita

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Moderator Remarks: Discussion Lock.

Please don't use One discussion for your multiple queries. Instead, open a new discussion.