cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide display of Characteristic Attributes in Analysis Workbook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I wonder if anyone knows the solution to below situation as it would greatly benefit us.

We have an Excel Analysis Workbook. In the Display Panel, user can see all the Characteristics of BEx Query (this is ok as expected) and if a Characteristic has some attributes defined, then all those attributes are shown to the users by default (here, we have an issue). We do not want the Users to see those Attributes. The requirement is to show only basic Characteristics to the Users.

Does anyone know if we can control or restrict display of Attributes in Analysis Workbook? And if yes, then how?

We would prefer to avoid the seriously long route of making attributes as Authorization Relevant and all the associated overhead, if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

A4O

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see a way to do this - either in Analysis or the BEx query; looks like you already have the answer in making the attributes authorization relevant.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Free characteristics for that dimension, drag all the attributes which you do not want to display under that dimension and mark them as no display in the properties window for each of those attributes.

Hope it helps..

0 Kudos

In case you are running out of options: you could change your data model and map data to your cube in new info objects, but without attributes. E.g. 0MATERIAL (with attributes) --> ZMATERIAL (without attributes).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thought about this as well, but i think this mapping from 0* to Z* will only work if the Z* object is in reference to the 0* object, which means that you will also have the attributes, so i think this won't be a solution

0 Kudos

No, just make it the same data type & length, you will be able to map in without any issue.

Don't use a referencing info object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy and Tom,

Thanks for your replies.

In case it is not possible, then we would have to weigh in the alternatives. But I would still like to keep the thread open a little longer in case somebody has some trick up his his/her sleeves.

Regards

A4O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not possible to my knowledge.

Only "solution" would be to have every characteristic twice in your cube: once with attributes, once without. In the reports that you don't want them to use attributes you use the second set of characteristics