cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rpt force printer driver color settings CR XI R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem, some old rpt´s force printers to print in color. I have changed printer driver color settings to "Black & White" and this settings work for all windows programs but not for all rpt´s in our application.

Screenshot

If I replace affected rpt with a new one (same name), it haven´t such an issue. But I haven´t found any setting that could affect this effect. Set settings to “No Printer” haven´t fixed that problem.

At begin I didn´t know that RPT changes printer color settings for current session, but I saw it in our preview window.

Screenshot

Default/chosen printer was changed to “color” mode, while the rest stayed default.

Screenshot

I thought I could just replicate all affected RPT´s but they are too huge. I couldn´t find all used fields in a single rpt, so I hope I find here a solution.

Here is one of involved RTP´s. I have just deleted all fields and placed a picture in it. You can replicate my problem by changing color settings of the default printer to black & white and execute “Print…” in Crystal Reports designer.

Download (RPT are not allowed as attachment)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

It could be an issue with Adobe's PDF print driver.

XI R2 is end of life so I don't have it any more to test and I don't have that printer driver.

Where did you get the Adobe PDF print driver from?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like I already said, it´s the same problem with all printers. It was also reported from a customer. I have just used Adobe PDF to avoid waste of paper.

Here is a Video with a normal printer: CR RPT color settings issue - YouTube

0 Kudos

Great, CR XI R2 is end of life, meaning no more patches. We don't have it installed so I can't even test it.

Upgrade to CR for .NET

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is .NET version compatible with RPT´s from CR XI R2? Is there a converter or do we have to recreate rpt´s?

0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

The reports should simply work in a .NET Application. All depends though on what your DB driver is, DB clients have updated since XI R2 so the current versions of our run time should support them. And what you were doing with them in code.

So you do not have to update the reports but we do always recommend updating them in current versions just to make sure they do work. As for functionality anything R2 did CR 2013 can do as well plus more.

Go to the .NET SDK forum and download the VS 2010 or higher CR installer, and do not install the runtime packages on your DEV PC, not required and makes it hard to update later.

http://scn.sap.com/community/crystal-reports-for-visual-studio

Overview tab has the download link to get the SDK, no longer installed with Visual Studio.

Samples also are available form that page to get you started, you cannot just update the project and use the RDC.... VS will likely complain but you can try it and then add the CR .NET components

And Ludek and I have put together some Documents on how printing is handled in CR and CR .NET

Have a look at his one:

And this one has a test app attached to it to test your reports:

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! We can´t completely switch to .NET, because our program language don´t support it.

But I have a solution now:

Re-saving RPT´s with VS CR has solved the problem!

0 Kudos

Ah, what you did was update the RPT, recent updates I had R&D impiment added the RPT to save the report name and printer info in the RPT file... what ever you are doing appears to be using this updated info.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

After an extensive test I have found out that the problem isn´t solved. To mark RPT as “changed”(*), I have turned “No Printer” off, closed “Site setup” with OK and redid the steps to turn it on before I saved the RPT´s. That caused the RPT´s to save the current printer settings and now they are only printing Black & White.

So I have found the issue now, but have still no solution for it. My RPT´s are ignoring the “No Printer” option and are just using last saved printer settings…

You can use my RPT from the top of the thread to test it out, it´s works well with last Crystal Report version.

0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Just to confirm, have you udpated to CR for VS version 13.0.15.xxxx .NET SDK or still using 11.5?

Don

Answers (0)