cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to read master data from dimension

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Could you please help me with the following error? In QA environment I'm trying to load data through different sources:  input schedule or flat file...but I always get the error message "Failed to read master data from dimension AUDITTRAIL".

We have reprocessed the dimension from web admin, executed the UJA_REFRESH_DIM_CACHE program, regenerated the transports only with dimensions but nothing works.

In DEV we never had this kind of error.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Best Regards,

ZG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

damovand
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello ZG,

The error that you are getting indicates that one or more dimensions may not be active or there maybe something wrong with them.  Please do the following to verify if all your dimensions are correct.

1. Using SE38 execute UJA_DATA_CHECKER
  2. Connect through BPC Admin web client and try to open the dimensions and make sure they are all processed.
  3. Check the dimension through RSA1.  Verify they are active.  Any inactive dimension will show grayed out.

Best Regards,

Leila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Leila,

Thank you for your quick response!

1. We run UJA_DATA_CHECKER and there are many errors in the environment. But there is no error message displayed related with the audittrail dimension.

2. In BPC Admin all dimensions are in green status. Even when all dims were ok, we reprocessed each one.

3. In RSA1, all dimensiones are active.

Any idea?

Thank you so much!

Best Regards,

ZG

damovand
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you display the dimension members in  AUDITTRAIL either from BPC web client or from RSA1?

If your dimensions are valid, then the next step is to verify if you can retrieve transaction data either through reports or directly in RSA1.

Regards,

Leila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Leila,

Yes, I can see the dimension members from Web client and RSA1.

I'm trying to upload data into the cube, in this moment I don't have any data.

Thanks a lot,

Best Regards,

ZG

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  GZ,

The first thing is that you have take a look on UJA_DATA_CHECKER log, as per log there is no master data for ACCOUNT, CATEGORY and ENTITY. Some of  dimensions are used in transformation file.

If master data is available ,As suggested Ankit, process the dimensions from SE38. Or add one dummy member , process it and then try.

Shrikant

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello GZ,

Check your Flat file Header names & Dimension names present in that model,.....whether both matching or not ?

Any Dimension in model, not present in Flat file then map it with *Newcol(Base Member)

Once verify !! if possible pl share your few flat file data records with header names....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Thanks for you response.

The example of flat file with header and records:

Thanks again,

ZG

Former Member
0 Kudos

G Z,

Once do the following steps :

1)Check member MANUAL is only base or Parent member ?? if BASE member skip this step.

2)If MD is flat file upload,Delete the master data in Dimension and re-process with dummy member then copy data again into dimension with proper structure,...finally delete dummy member then SAVE & PROCESS.

If MD is from BW upload, do step 2 and finally run package.

3)Check AUDITTRAIL name while mapping.

Alternative:--

Dimension within the web Admin, chose to Edit Structure,simply do re-changes then save as it is ...

While I was editing the dimension.It prompts to confirm the dimension structure as saved -TRY this.

Therefore continue your TD execution process with known steps!!

May be helpful.......!

Message was edited by: Ravi Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or let us know if resolution as per note 1898914 resolved your issue.

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try loading one or two records only.

See if it works. Do a vlook up of Audittrail members against your source data. This will help narrow down to the member causing issue.

This will

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakash,

We already did this and nothing. Let me check the note 1898914.

Regards,

ZG

UmaArjunan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check this note : 1898914 and follow the instructions in the note.

Thanks,

Uma A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G Z,

Can you please try getting a master data backup(just master data) from your development environment and restoring it to your QA environment? It might help restoring some corrupted objetcs.

Kind regards,

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try processing dimension from backed.

T: Code: SE38

Program Name: UJAA_PROCESS_DIMENSIONS

Selection Screen :

AS_SRC  = <Environment Name>

AS_DIMS = <Dimension>

Hope this works.

Thanks,

Ankit Udeshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

Thanks for you input. I run this program and when trying to load the error still .

Any idea?

Thanks a lot, Best Regards,

ZG

achim_linker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Pleast try to check Master Data in Transaction rsrv.

In Input Field you have to enter tech. Name of Dimension (see rsa1).

Best regards,

Achim

achim_linker
Explorer
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We already applied this note and it did not work.

Best Regards,

ZG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G,

Please provide screen shot of transformation file and the errors.

Is there master data in the audittrail dimension?

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

Yes, there is master data in the dimension.

You can find the screenshot attached. I have used this same transformation file in the model for Dev environment.

Thanks a lot and Best Regards,

ZG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G,

Do you have a staging cube between BW and BPC?

I see all mapping is 1 to 1.

Check your source that there is a audittrail dimension in there.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

No, I don't have any staging cube. I trying to upload the data from a flat file.

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G,

provide first few lines of the data file, including header line if exists.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The possible reason this type of error is ,the dimension member for which you loading data is not available in respective dimension,Incorrect transformation file mapping between dimension and source file,Use BPC SP below 8, Blank cell consist no value.So before doing any other thing ensure your transformation file has passed all the issue.

Khokan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Khokan,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

The dimension was updated before trying to upload the data. The transformation file was working fine in DEV environment and we don't have any blank cell in the flat file.

We are working in BPC 801 SP 8.

Thanks a lot & Best Regards!

ZG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

Here you can find an screenshot with the headers and records:

We already created a sap note because it's not just the loading from the data manager, it's happening when introducing data from the input schedule.

Thanks a lot & Best Regards,

ZG