cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROE - Record of Employment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know whether any one has implemented the new version of ROE (XML Version 2.0), which is mandatory from 1st April 2016.  If so, request you to provide some inputs.

Thanks and regards,

Victor George

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Victor,

We implemented it without problem, as of January 1st 2016.

At the end of November, we updated our system to HRSP 6.08.20 (eg. SAPKE60820),

applied SAP Notes 2185946, 2211595, 2220338, 2225592, and 2243499 and ,

made the appropriate changes in T5K1R,

and downloaded the new Schema from Service Canada into the same ROE>data_xml folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

Happy New Year.

Many thanks to you for your Kind reply.  Your inputs are noted and we will try to implement the new ROE functionality next week.

Thanks and regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

I would like to know whether the new functionality for ROE supports the 27 Week Format.

In our Organization the payroll is processed on a biweekly basis.

Thanks and regards,

Victor

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, we have 38 PAA on a bi-weekly basis.

Please see for more information.

Lisa_Chapman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

We are having issues with the XML schema file location defaulting to BulkRoeHeader_Basic.xsd even after the date in cluster view (VC_T51T8).   Are your 2016 ROEs defaulting to the new file?  The physical file path that we have identified in Define HRSDC ROE File Location ends with the following: data_xml\<PARAM_2><FILENAME>.  We have both the new and old stored in the data_xml folder.  Should we be updating either of these?  Any information that you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lisa

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All seems to revolve around the "Last Day Worked" relatively to the Date set for the schema change in VC_T51T8.

We didn't change the Default Date (01.01.2016), and during January, if a user executed ROE for an employee whose last day worked was in 2015, the Validation Schema defaulted was the old one, but if the last day worked was in 2016, the new Validation Schema was defaulted.

Lisa_Chapman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick response Remi.  We are issuing the ROEs for last day worked in 2016.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

We applied all the SAP Notes for ROE Version 2.  It worked in Sandbox and its not working in Quality Client.  I am not able to generate the export file.  The error is like this:

Line #: 2

Column #: 136

System Id: "file://00000.28.blk

Description: :Minimum constraint failed

The attribute: 'Softwarevendor' has an invalid value according to the data type

Error Code: -1072897661

Further, the export file throws error message for Box 5 (Canada Revenue Agency), 10 (First Day Worked),11 (Last Day Paid) and 12 (Final Period Ending Date) with error code 1082897660

Could you tell me whether there is any SAP Note missing to rectify this error.

Thanks and regards,

Victor

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please look at your blk file and try to identify what information is in column 136 of line 2.

Also compare between SND and QAT (and SND and DEV) the tables related to the ROE configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

Thanks for your reply.

We reimported the SAP Notes for ROE version 2 in Quality & Production and it worked.

Thanks and regards,

Victor

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

etardiff
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We successfully implemented the new ROE format from 01.02.2016 and have had no problems issuing ROEs with last day worked before and after that date.

However, now that Service Canada is only accepting V2, we have a dilemma ... How do we now issue an ROE for a last day worked prior to 01.02.2016? In fact, at this point our payroll dept. needs to issue an ROE with a last day worked in 2015.

Can we change table VC_T51T8 so that the start date for ROE 2.0 is earlier than 01.02.2016? Can we set it back to a date in 2015?

Has anyone else encountered this issue and how did you deal with it?

Thanks to all for your help,

Elizabeth

stevenan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Elizabeth -

We had several issues with ROE and SAP actually recommended setting this date back to 1/1/2014.  We have not had any issues with this.

Best regards,

Anna Stevenson

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Elizabeth,

Next time, please open a new Discussion thread instead of asking a new question in an old thread.

For ROE's issued in 2016 on V.2 XML format to casual employees whose last day worked was in 2015, the XML validation may give you an "Error" message but the Web ROE should be accepted by Service Canada.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

I plan to get the below notes applied 2153396,2185946, 2206524,2211595,2220338, 2225592, 2243499 and 2244370, then download the new XML validation schema from service Canada. Is there a reason why you have made changes to table T5K1R instead of it being handled by a Sap note.

Do we need the earlier XML validation files called BulkROE_Basic and BulkRoeheader_Basic or are we okay with the new file only.

I will let you all know the outcome of the test soon.

Thanks.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't remember exactly I did in table T5K1R, but it was either because a line was missing (when comparing to Service Canada's documentation) or most probably because the French descriptions were not there.

In our system, we still have "Casual Employees" who have not worked since late December, and when the "Mass Layoff" will happen in early July, the Last Day Worked for some of them will be in the Fall of 2015.  We will then have to do all the ROE for those employees separately since we'll need to use the "Old" Validation Schemas, and then process all the other ROEs using the new "PayrollExtractXmlV2.xsd" Validation Schema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi - We could generate and upload the ROE to service Canada thanks

former_member298958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have implemented the process and this is the 3rd payroll run with the new format ans so far so good.

I've change the format to always use the new schema prior to 2016.

regards

Frederick

P932733
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello!

Tested & Implemented as of Jan 1st 2016.

Regards,

Andrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for your kind reply to my query.

Regards,

Victor