cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to drag and drop condition to the Root node in Decision Tree ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am in situation where I had a decision Tree for determining Collection Step (dunning proposal ) with many conditions.

Now due to Business Requirements changes we need to add a new Root node and the old root node with all existing  Conditions will all be there under the 'TRUE' condition of the New Root node.

I want to change the Existing Tree only. Is there any way of doing this ??

Thanks,

Nilanjan Nag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan

Good to see you asking this on SCN! I agree with the approach Christian has suggested re adding another decision tree that calls the original tree.

Not only will this work but it's a good example of how to adapt rules over time so that both the original expression & the new expression exist and can be used by different rulesets/rules/versions, or for different calculation dates.

Rgds

Jocelyn

0 Kudos

Hi,

to the best of my knowledge you can only drag and drop the nodes in the following manners:

• switch nodes on the same level
  • move nodes from a lower level in the decision tree to a higher level

It is not possible to move a node from a higher level to a lower level (here an error message is raised, which you also certainly also came across I guess)

So there does not seem to be a way to move the root node or to introduce a new "level" into the decision tree. This kind of refactoring is not supported in the BRFplus workbench

BR

Christian

0 Kudos

As a little addendum: what you can do is to create a second decision tree and embed your original decision tree in this new decision tree on the level below the root node. This way you can reuse the existing tree. Nevertheless you have to adjust the "calls" of the decision trees in your rules and rule sets to now call the new decision tree

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian for your quick Response.

I also thought of the second way i.e. to embed the Old Tree to a new Decision Tree.

One Request, Can you kindly take a note of this problem and may be you can add this feature in the future version of BRF+.

Thanks,

Nilanjan

0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

I am not part of the product team at SAP, so I can not address your request. But there is some kind of a here in SCN. If you put your comment there, this might be read be the right person 🙂

BR

Christian