Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded Analytics

tanisha_gupta20
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am quite new to the concept of Embedded analytics and have started investigating it today. I have read many discussions on this at SCN and it would be great if someone can give me an overview on the following questions:

1. IS embedded analytic (WebI, Dasahboards and Design Studio App) available as a set of pre defined reports and dashboards? Is it possible to extend them by adding more reports/dashboards to the existing stack. How easy is that?
  2. How does authentication get passed through, Windows AD single sign on?
  3. Can we pass parameter from ERP application to the analytics? How do we achieve it? Is it through opendoc syntax or is there an in-built functionality for this.

Thank you for you help

Regards

Tanisha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

erica_lailhacar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Tanisha,

Embedded analytics for Business Suite 7.x indeed come with a set of pre-defined reports (Crystal Reports) and dashboards content (SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards).

To answer your questions

#1: Yes, it is possible to extend or modify that content, and you will need to have the licenses for the BI tools (i.e. Crystal Reports) in order to do that. For the authentication,

#2: please refer SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform administrator Guide. In that guide, under SAP Authentication topic you will get all the details about SAP Authentication with BI tools. http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4_bip_admin_en.pdf

#3, yes the reports and dashboards can be parameterized

We are not enhancing that content any longer so I would encourage you to also look at the content delivered with HANA Live which supersedes the embedded analytics for Business Suite 7. By the way, there are no SAP Design Studio apps delivered with the embedded analytics for Business Suite 7. SAP Design Studio content is delivered with S/4HANA embedded analytics or HANA Live.

Hope it helps,

Erica