cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move users from one domain to another in BPC 7.5?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our company is migrating to a new domain.  I would like to migrate the users & security in our current BPC 7.5 system over to the new domain.  I have the new domain setup in BPC 7.5, but don't know of an easy way to get them moved from the old domain.  We are NOT moving the existing BPC 7.5 system to the new domain.  We are building a new BPC 10 system in the new domain, but it won't be ready for a few months, so in the meantime, the company is going ahead and migrating users from the old domain to the new domain in Active Directory.  That of course screws up the users already setup in BPC 7.5. 

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this issue, and how they handled it.

Thanks!

Butch

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Butch,

to change it quickly you can update your security tables with SSMS adding or substituting the records with the new domain.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I kind of figured I could change the entries directly in the tables, but I don't know which tables should be changed.  I know that UserProfile probably needs to be changed, but what other tables?

I'm suspecting these also:

UserTeamAssign

UserTeamProfileAssign

tblUsers

Looks like there could be more, but I'm just not sure about which ones will be required to be updated with the new domain info.  All of the users are not being migrated to the new domain all at once, so this is something that as they change users over to the new domain in Active Directory, I will need to do them in small batches in BPC. 

Thanks!

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Butch,

yes there are more tables, even

tblAppAccess

tblwebcontents

tblwebcv

BPFAccess

memberowner

tblrecipients

and APPSERVER..tblappSetAccess

you can build an update query with all the update instructions and memorize in a custom table all your changes, e.g. OLD_USER and NEW_USER and eventually the date of change.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Roberto.

I will get our DBAs to look at writing us a script to change the users from all of those tables to the new domain, and see what we come up with.

Answers (0)