Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create a BRFPlus object in a custom

Mattias
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to create a brf plus application under a z namespace, but I keep getting the error

'Name /Z/CRM/IDENTIFY_FOR_DELET belongs to unchangeable namespace'

What is the best naming convention for brf plus objects, I tried reading Naming Conventions for BRFplus - Business Rule Framework plus (BRFplus) - SAP Library but it didn't give me much hints about best practises.

Regards

Mattias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as I could see you are using /Z/ -> custom namespace would be just a Z without the /.

Concerning naming conventions: you should be aware that the intention of the BRFplus is to serve the business user/expert. So the best way to name the objects is to give them readable names. To do so do not use the short text of the objects (just leave it empty) but the text field that allows a quite understandable input of a name for an object.

In your personalization settings you should also set the option that technical names are not shown, so that even a developer instantly sees if the rules naming is overal (nearly) human-readable/understandable.

There is no real best practise for the technical name although it does not make sense to burden it with technical information (like type of the object) that is available somewhere else in BRFplus.

BR

Christian

Mattias
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Great, thanks. Given the 30-character limit we'll skip having namespaces completely

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's absolutly ok.

BR

Christian

Answers (0)