cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append a new value in a characteristic of the multiple material classifications

former_member533179
Participant

Hi,

I want to add a value to a characteristic without overwriting the existing values.I want to do it for multiple materials at the same time i.e. it is a mass update.

I tried CLMM transaction. CLMM>Set and change values donot add to existing values. Either it replaces the existing values with new one or it throws an error when it finds some values exist in the material characterstic.

Through CLMM>Assign values in matrix, we have to manually do F4 for every material and add a new value.

Please suggest if I am missing something for CLMM or any other standard option for this mass change.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Soumya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ciskoy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Soumya Mohapatra,

Could you find the answer? Because I'm facing the same issue...

Regards,

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please try the following function,

Call transaction CLMM --> Enter class type and class --> Find characteristics of the class using the option "Chars of Class" --> select the relevant characteristics and assign the target object --> to do so, click find object and then select the option "Find in initial class" --> you'll get the list of object, here filter it by object category "Material" --> Select the relevant objects and carry out a mass change.

Note: Mass processing is possible only for the objects that posses same class type.

Mass Change for Assigned Values - Classification System

Mass Value Assignment in the Classification System

former_member533179
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rosh,

I have already tried the above step you have specified.It will change the existing value.There is no way to add a new value to existing set of values.

Regards

Soumya