Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exit the PRE_START hook

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to implement a customized hook, just to check a status of SFC, for example, if the SFC is OnHold status, the core startSfc will not be triggered, and I also do not expect any exception, is this possible from PRE_START hook point of view?

Thanks & regards,

Leon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185234
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Leon ,

You can implement it as PRE_START activity hook or as PRE service extension to 'startSfc' method.

Regards,

Oksana

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Oksana,

We have not planned to use the service extension, so extending the 'startSfc' is not the option for the moment, do I use just 'Return' or similar function to stop processing this SFC?

Thanks & regards,

Leon

former_member185234
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Leon, Now I understand what do you mean under 'I also do not expect any exception' . You can't stop SFC from processing without throwing custom exception from activity hook class. Regards, Oksana

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Leon,

I think yes. You can even do it using MII transaction as per SAP Note 1908404 - Call MII Transactions from ME Extension, Hook, or POD Plugin

Br, Alex.

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Alex. I am still using the ME 6.0 SDK, so I guess the MII transaction you mentioned is only for ME 15.x ?

0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

Please, check out the reply from Oksana regarding the exception. It seems it matters the most in this case.

As to the MII transactions that can be used at service extensions: you can use this feature since ME 6.1.

Br, Alex.