Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am a SAP ABAP Consultant with one year of experience

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now am looking to upgrade my skill . I need some suggestions whether to go for HANA or BI/BW . Which will be more suitable for a ABAP Consultant and good to my career . Kindly Help me out .

Regards,

S.Vigneshwaran.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Viki

You may not like to hear this but why not try another year of ABAP? One year experience is not much and there's still heaps to learn before you try to diversify skills and learn more.

I recommend you invest your extra time into perfecting your ABAP development skills. Alternatively, look at UI5/Fiori and webynpro before switching to HANA or BW.

There are still a lot of customers out there need good developers.

Just a thought

Regards

Colleen

6 REPLIES 6

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I suggest it`s better choose HANA and also as you are on ABAP so it will be easy to know the functionality of WORKFLOW.

Regards,

pardhu

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Viki

You may not like to hear this but why not try another year of ABAP? One year experience is not much and there's still heaps to learn before you try to diversify skills and learn more.

I recommend you invest your extra time into perfecting your ABAP development skills. Alternatively, look at UI5/Fiori and webynpro before switching to HANA or BW.

There are still a lot of customers out there need good developers.

Just a thought

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen

Thanks for your response . Surely i will think about it .

Regards,

Vigneshwaran.

0 Kudos

hi Colleen,

which one is going to rule either HANA or FIORI.??

I want to know the answer in your words..which is the best path to grow ??

thanks in advance.

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Now SAP is concentrating on digital transformation.So you need to know both HANA and FIORI.

If you want DB knowledge go for HANA an dif you are looking for mobile application related then go for FIORI.

Fiori enables applications to be used on mobiles , note pads, desktops ,smart phones etc..

Regards,

Pardhu

0 Kudos

Hi Viki,

In my opinion, you can start learning HANA along with with your regular ABAP role so that you can get more expertise in ABAP in addition to new technologu.

Best Regards,
Ayush